If you have been looking for a good notebook that is powerful from the CPU and GPU front, then the new Acer Aspire 5 can be a great option. Unlike the Acer Swift 3, this notebook features a dedicated AMD Radeon RX 640 graphics even though it houses a Ryzen 5 4500U which is powerful enough for daily use and even casual gaming.
However, the APUs draw visual graphics from the RAM and until and unless its fed with a good amount of VRAM, it does not give that level of performance, which it actually and for that you need 16GB of RAM. Not all laptops come with 16GB RAM at this price segment, so Acer has paired the new APU with an old AMD graphics card that has its own VRAM.
This allows the notebook to perform well in professional work and even light gaming as well, but if you want to save $50 you can go with the integrated graphics as well. In terms of design and display, the laptop looks almost similar to the Acer Swift 3 that launched earlier with Ryzen 4000U processors as well.
- AMD Ryzen 5 4500U Hexa-Core Mobile Processor (Up to 4.0GHz)/ AMD Ryzen 7 4700U Octa-Core Mobile Processor with Radeon Graphics (Up to 4.1GHz)
- 8GB DDR4 Memory | 256GB NVMe SSD/ 512GB NVMe SSD
- 15.6″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) Acer ComfyView Widescreen LED-backlit IPS Display | AMD Radeon RX640 with 2GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM/ integrated AMD Radeon graphics
- Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX200 802.11ax (Dual-Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz) | Backlit Keyboard | HD Webcam | Up to 10 Hours Battery Life
- 1 – USB 3.2 (Type-C) Gen 1 port (up to 5 Gbps) | 2 – USB 3.2 Gen 1 Port (one with Power-off Charging) | 1 – USB 2.0 Port | 1 – HDMI Port with HDCP support
- Windows 10 Home
The Acer Aspire 5 laptop features a 15.6-inch FHD IPS display with a narrow-bezel design and protect your eyes as it includes Acer Color Intelligence and Acer BlueLightShield technologies. The laptop is very thin and light weighing just 1.9 kg, coming in with an aluminum top cover.
It features the latest AMD Ryzen 4000 series mobile processors with AMD Radeon RX640 graphics with 2GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM and high-speed storage and memory. However, you can opt for the dedicated graphics if you go with the Ryzen 5 4500U variant only whereas the Ryzen 7 4700U’s integrated graphics is stronger for graphical workloads and other daily tasks.
The laptop is paired with 8GB DDR4 Memory and 256GB/ 512GB NVMe SSD while for connectivity you have Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.0. Also, you have the much need backlit keyboard along with HD Webcam. For ports, you get USB Type-C, 2 x USB 3.2, 1 USB 2.0 and HDMI, while Acer promises up to 10 hours battery life.
The new Acer Aspire 5 with AMD Ryzen 4000U APUs starts at just $549.99 for integrated graphics variant and one with RX640 graphics costs $599.99 while the Ryzen 7 4700U variant is available for $699.99. Buy from here: https://amzn.to/3gLpKfP
Do check out: