Following the game’s initial 2016 release, Techland contributed years upon years of outstanding extra material, making the original Dying Light one of the best instances of a well-managed “live service” game.
Support for Dying Light appears to be waning, so can we expect the same high level of enthusiasm for Dying Light 2: Stay Human? Fortunately, it appears that the answer is “yes.” Techland posted to Twitter today to promise at least five years of post-launch support for Dying Light 2, including “new tales, locales, and in-game events.”
It’s a brave move to promise five years of support for a game before it’s even out, but Techland has developed a large and loyal community with the first Dying Light, and they certainly want to make them feel comfortable with the sequel. Techland recently presented their last Dying 2 Know presentation, which gave the first look at co-op play and the game operating on last-gen consoles — get the entire overview here. Meanwhile, for those who haven’t been keeping up, here’s the official description of the game…
Over twenty years ago in Harran, we fought the virus — and lost. Now, we’re losing again. The City, one of the last large human settlements, is torn by conflict. Civilization has fallen back into the Dark Ages. And yet, we still have hope. You are a wanderer with the power to change the fate of The City. But your exceptional abilities come at a price. Haunted by memories you cannot decipher, you set out to learn the truth… and find yourself in a combat zone.
Hone your skills, as you’ll need both fists and wits. Unravel the dark secrets behind the wielders of power, choose sides and decide your destiny. But wherever your actions take you, there’s one thing you can never forget — stay human
- Vast open world – Participate in the life of a city engulfed in a new dark era. Discover different paths and hidden passages, as you explore its multiple levels and locations.
- Choices and consequences – Shape the future of The City with your actions and watch how it changes. Determine the balance of power by making choices in a growing conflict and forge your own experience.
- Day and Night cycle – Wait for night to venture into dark hideouts of the Infected. Sunlight keeps them at bay, but once it’s gone, monsters begin the hunt, leaving their lairs free to explore.
- Creative and brutal combat – Take advantage of your parkour skills to tip the scales of even the most brutal encounter. Clever thinking, traps, and creative weapons will be your best friends.
- 2-4 player co-op gameplay – Play in up to four-player co-op. Host your games or join others and see how their choices have played out differently than yours.
Dying Light 2: Stay Human is coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, PS5, and Switch via the cloud on February 4, 2022.