Japan is known to be one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world and great brands like Sony, Mitsubishi, Hitachi, Honda and others have taken the world by storm with their technological prowess. If you are an Indian, you will know a lot of Japanese brands have also shown their promise in India throughout the decades.
Indians, too, have caught the fancy of Japanese brands, Japanese inspired designs, lifestyle and technology. Most recently, Anime and Pokemon GO have been attractive Japanese offerings that have Indians in a tight grasp. We list down 10 such adored brands that have popularised in the Indian market:
- Nikon: Nikon Corporation, also known just as Nikon, is a Japanese multinational corporation headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, specializing in optics and imaging products. Its impressive catalogue of products includes cameras, camera lenses, binoculars, microscopes, and many more. Nikon has also set up over 120 Experience zones pan India which showcases the entire range of D-SLR cameras, COOLPIX cameras, Nikon 1, an elaborate range of NIKKOR lenses and Nikon Sport Optics. They also squarely support innovation in leading-edge science, and they contribute to the development of society and industry as a whole.
- Fujitsu Client Computing Limited: The Japanese multinational information and communications technology equipment and services corporation, FCCL recently started its operations in India on 20th July 2021. They launched two laptops in India under their consumer portfolio- namely the UH-X 2 in 1 and the UH-X. FCCL recognised that the Indian market has significantly matured for premium PCs and consumers are demanding high-end features constantly without compromising on quality or other aspects. Their UH-X 2 in 1 is a versatile, convertible laptop and the UH-X is the lightest laptop in the Indian market, designed for on-the-go business leaders, entrepreneurs and millennials who always love to have efficient mobile work in their own lifestyle.
- Sony: India is a significant market for Sony with the 4th highest contribution to global sales. Sony has its footprint across all major towns and cities in the country through a distribution network of over 20,000 dealers and distributors, more than 300 exclusive outlets and 25 branch locations. Sony India also has a strong service presence across the country with 365 service outlets. This in itself is a testament to the huge demand and love for Sony.
- Honda: Honda has been a formidable player in the Indian car market. Its strong brand equity, technology-driven products and top-quality and stylish offerings enabled it to gain an edge over competitors. Its entry into the Indian market was remarkable. It continues to be a public favourite as to date, 671,000 units of its model Honda City, have been sold in India, more than any other full-size sedan.
- Hitachi India: Hitachi started its business in India in the 1930s. With over 25 business bases and over 10,000 employees in India presently, Hitachi Group in India has been expanding through its versatile portfolio. Hitachi India Pvt. Ltd. (HIL) markets and sells a wide range of products/services ranging from Information & Telecommunications Systems to Transportation and Urban Development Systems. Their products are well-loved by many and have devoted customers. Their air conditioners and televisions are a huge hit in India.
- Mitsubishi: Mitsubishi Electric is one of the world’s leading names in the manufacture and sales of electrical and electric products and systems used in a broad range of fields and applications. Mitsubishi Electric marked its presence in India in the late-1950s with its first business for electric locomotives. Since then it has been able to establish itself as a premium electrical and electronic equipment manufacturer for a wide range of innovative and high-quality products for the Indian market. This includes products and solutions for Air Conditioners, Automotive Equipment, Elevators & Escalators, Factory Automation and other products.
- Yamaha: Yamaha Motor made its initial foray into India in 1985 as a joint-venture. In August 2001, it became a 100% subsidiary of Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd, Japan (YMC). IYM is highly customer-driven and has a country-wide network of over 2,200 customer touch-points including 500 dealers. Presently, its product portfolio includes Sports models such as Blue-Core Technology-enabled models. Yamaha’s motorbikes are especially popular and hold a special place in Indian hearts.
- Toshiba: Toshiba is known to manufacture a variety of consumer and business products. In addition to HD televisions and laptop computers, the company builds DVD players, digital video recorders (DVRs), printers, copiers, lighting products, medical imaging equipment, etc. Their diversified product portfolio and excellent after-sales service make Toshiba a popular choice.
- Panasonic: Panasonic has long offered some of the best TVs in the market, dating back to the days of CRT models. Panasonic has done a nice job capitalizing on its strengths from the past to create sets with good 4K image quality. With features like this, you can see why Panasonic is one of the best TV brands in the market. The Indian economy has been an excellent catalyst for Panasonic to have deemed it as a regional hub to drive growth.
- Canon: Canon India markets a comprehensive range of sophisticated contemporary digital imaging products and solutions in India. The company today has offices in 10 cities across India with warehousing facilities at 6 locations. Canon takes pride in not only bringing quality products to the market; but also, in contributing towards minimizing the environmental burden, through the effective application of green technologies.