The first-ever Fa Cry 6 graphics and FPS comparisons have been released, and it shows the game’s looks and performance across PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X|S. The new comparisons are brought to us by none other than the famous youtube channel “ElAnalistaDebits”.
To note here, the PC version of Far Cry 6 runs on an NVIDIA RTX 3080 in 4K resolution with AMD’s FidelityFX Super Resolution (FSR) tech for upscaling. On PlayStation 5 however, the game is running in a dynamic 4K resolution at 60FPS and the same applies to the Xbox Series X version as well.
Performance-wise, the game remains solid across all platforms and although the cinematics run at 30FPS suffers from a bit of stutter everything else was playable. The conclusion for Drawing Instance is that it is the best on PC, and the PC version benefits from XDR, improving reflections, shadows, and ambient occlusion.
Reflections appear to be somewhat better on PlayStation 5 compared to those on Xbox Series X|S, but the Xbox Series X version benefits from a slightly higher average resolution in some areas.
Check out the new comparison down below:
– The PC version runs at 2160p with AMD FSR on an RTX 3080.
– The average resolution tested is around 1800p on PS5 and Xbox Series X, however, in some areas Series X has a higher average resolution.
– Better reflections on PS5 than Xbox S/X, but PC is the only version with XDR reflections.
– Shadows by XDR on PC add greater number and quality to shadows and improve ambient occlusion. However, this technology causes some bugs in certain assets.
– PS5, Series X, and PC include an extra 26GB texture pack that improves the quality of some textures compared to other versions.
– Some textures on PC do not load correctly, showing a lower resolution than PS5 / series.
– The PC version is the only one with CAS technology, which dynamically adapts the contrast.
– Higher drawing distance on PC, same on PS5/series, and slightly lower on SeriesS.
– Loading times are faster on PS5 (by half a second).
– The framerate is practically perfect on all 3 platforms, except for the cinematic ones (they run at 30fps and suffer stuttering).
– A good optimization job on all platforms. No matter which platform you choose, it will be a good choice.
Far Cry 6 is available globally now for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Stadia, and Luna.