Vivo has a good offline market in India and people are also embracing Vivo smartphones for their quality and camera. Vivo has also strengthened its online presence with its aggressively priced smartphones like Vivo Z1 Pro, Vivo Z1x, and Vivo U10.
Now Vivo tends to update its budget smartphones, especially the Y series which is quite famous in the offline market. The new Vivo Y19 packs a lot of modern essential features and a much needed triple rear camera setup.
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display
- Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P65 (MT6768) (4x Cortex-A75 @ 2.0 GHz 4x Cortex-A55 @ 2.0 GHz) 12nm processor with ARM Mali-G52 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 128GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB with MicroSD
- 16MP primary sensor with Sony IMX499 sensor, f/1.78 aperture + 8MP 120° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture+ 2MP 4cm macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS, micro USB port
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 18W fast charging support
- Dimensions: 162.15 × 76.47 × 8.89mm; Weight: 193g
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Funtouch OS 9.2
Being introduced as Vivo Y5s in China recently, the Y19 packs a 6.53-inch Full HD+ display with about 90.3% screen-to-body ratio and a dew-drop notch on the front which houses 16MP front-facing camera. The smartphone has a decent design and looks cool with its gradient design which you mostly see in smartphones in the budget segment.
Also, the smartphone is powered by the latest 12nm octa-core MediaTek Helio P65 with ARM Mali-G52 GPU. It is coupled with 4GB RAM & 128GB internal storage which is even expandable up to 256GB with MicroSD.
Speaking of cameras, the Y19 packs a triple rear camera setup backed by a 16MP primary sensor with Sony IMX499 sensor which is quite good for a budget device yet cannot be compared to smartphones from Realme or Xiaomi. Also, you get an 8MP 120° ultra-wide sensor and 2MP macro sensor.
It has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, packs a 5000mAh battery with support for Vivo’s 18W Dual Engine fast charging but features a micro USB port rather than a Type-C one.
The Vivo Y19 will be available in Magnetic Black and Spring White colours and is priced at a hefty Rs.13,999 which indeed seems costly according to the features given, not to forget the fact that this will be available across all offline outlets. Also, it will be available via online stores including Vivo India E-store from tomorrow.
Do check out: