UEFA have confirmed the host stadiums for the 2021, 2022 and 2033 Champions League finals, along with other events.
The 2020 Champions League final will take place at the Ataturk Olympic Stadium in Istanbul.
Now, The UEFA Executive Committee met on 24th September in Ljubljana, Slovenia to confirm the host stadiums for the future events.
The 2021 Champions League final will take place at the Saint Petersburg stadium in Russia. This ground proved to be a big hit during last summer’s World Cup. The atmosphere was electric along with that the amenities of the stadium was world-class.
The 2022 Champions League final will be held at the Allianz Arena in Munich. The stadium will host the final after 10 years. In the last final, Didier Drogba scored the winning penalty against Bayern Munich as Chelsea claimed their maiden European title.
And, the 2023 Champions League final will take place at the Webley in England. Although the 2011 and 2013 finals were at the home of English football, Uefa have opted to stage the game there again in 2023 in honour of the 100th anniversary of the stadium first opening its doors.
The host stadiums for the other UEFA finals:
- 2021 UEFA Europa League Final – Sevilla (Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan)
- 2021 UEFA Super Cup – Belfast
- UEFA Futsal EURO 2022 – The Netherlands
- UEFA European Under-17 Championship – Cyprus 2021; Israel 2022
- UEFA European Under-19 Championship – Romania 2021; Slovakia 2022
- UEFA Women’s Under-17 Championships – Faroe Islands 2021; Bosnia-Herzegovina 2022
- UEFA Women’s Under-19 Championships – Belarus 2021; Czech Republic 2022
UEFA have also announced the creation of UEFA Europa Conference League which will start from 2021.
Do check out:
All the latest 2019-20 kits of football teams from all over the world are now available on Tech2Sports. Superior quality kits at the lowest price guaranteed. Show your support for your favourite club and country by wearing their colours.