After growing anti-China sentiment in the nation, and banning 59 Chinese apps in the past few months, the demand for home-grown has increased exponentially. Not just smartphones, people are looking for Indian-origin alternatives to games as well on their smartphones to give it a try. There have been few ‘made in India’ games that have over a million downloads or have impressed the critics as well. Some of these apps have also gained from the lockdown imposed by the government due to the Covid-19. Below are the top five gaming apps that you can download and enjoy.
1. Rheo: Rheo provides live streaming gaming videos, engagement with streamers, and also requests to play with them. It also lets one get access to exclusive tournaments & e-sports events hosted & participated by top gamers in India and stream one’s favourite games from PC, Xbox One, or any Android smartphone. Saksham Keshri and Prakash Kumar set up Rheo in August 2019. The platform aims to build an entertaining ecosystem for mobile gamers, where fans can engage over gaming content, build communities, and chat with each other. The platform has over 100 games on the platform that are streamed online. These include PUBG, Free Fire, and Call of Duty.
2. Twelfth Man: Football is without a doubt the most popular sport on the planet. More than 200 countries have taken up the beautiful game over the years and its fan following is widespread. Owned by NxGn Interactive its flagship product is Fantasy Football Platform: ‘Twelfth Man’, which was launched in April 2020 with professional footballer Sunil Chhetri as its brand ambassador. Twelfth Man is the first dedicated fantasy gaming app for football. It provides a variety of contest types (DFS, League, Live/Offline Trivia, Head-to-Head DFS, and H2H League) as well as monetary and non-monetary rewards to the players. Within a year of the launch, Twelfth Man has successfully grown from a document piece to a family of 300k users. The app is currently available in a freemium mode.
3. Paytm First Games: It is the ultimate destination for game lovers who also like to endorse in contests, trivia & everything entertainment. It features a huge collection of games like Tic Tac Toe, Jumps, Ludo to name a few. Its Casual Games section comprises Cut the Rope, Badland, Tom & Jerry Mouse Maze to name a few. It has a total of 300 games.
4. Loco: Loco is India’s leading live game streaming app. You can watch your favorite game videos of PUBG Mobile, Free Fire, Apex Legends, CS Go, DOTA 2, Call of Duty, FIFA and more. The best part is that multiple people can play the game simultaneously. Loco also houses some of India’s top competitive gamers such as Jonathan, Ghatak, IND Snax, and Xyaa, who, along with top teams like Fnatic, IND, 8bit, and Team Tamilas, provide viewers with gaming entertainment.
5. Rummy Passion: It is a 13-card India’s most loved and largest 24×7 online rummy game in India that is offered by Passion Gaming. With over 1.5 lakh registered users so far and thousands of players arriving at its vibrant rummy tables every day, Rummy Passion has been clocking a humongous 100% growth every quarter since its inception. Their tables are wide-ranging. Beginning at 10 paise per point and going up to Rs 125 per point, the games cater to a diverse audience. When there’s something for every segment of players, they throng to play the games they love!
Do check out: