Yes, Apple today has pushed its new iOS 16.3 and iPadOS 16.3 updates across all its devices, now, users can download them and enjoy the latest features from Apple.
As you see we downloaded and installed the latest iOS 16.3 on our iPhone 13 and it brings all the latest features like Security Key, Unity Wallpaper, HomePod Support, iPhone 14 Pro Max display issue fix and much more. Security Keys for Apple ID are important functionality, to be honest, and this gives you the option to add a third-party security key to the account.
This ensures additional authentication when you are logging into a new device or accessing Apple ID which is quite important and a necessary step to safeguard your account. This physical security key will be much more secure in terms of replacing the process of sending verification codes while logging into another device.
Apart from this, you also have this new Unity wallpaper to honour Black history and culture in celebration of Black History Month next February, it’s customizable and looks well as a wallpaper. Also, the update brings support to the HomePod 2 that launched recently and also there you will see Emergency SOS changes to prevent accidental emergency calls.
Here’s the complete changelog of this new iOS 16.3:
- New Unity wallpaper honours Black history and culture in celebration of Black History Month
- Security Keys for Apple ID allow users to strengthen the security of their account by requiring a physical security key as part of the two-factor authentication sign-in process on new devices
- Support for HomePod (2nd generation)
- Emergency SOS calls now require holding the side button with the up or down volume button and then releasing it in order to prevent inadvertent emergency calls
- Fixes an issue in Freeform where some drawing strokes created with Apple Pencil or your finger may not appear on shared boards
- Addresses an issue where the wallpaper may appear black on the Lock Screen
- Fixes an issue where horizontal lines may temporarily appear while waking up iPhone 14 Pro Max
- Fixes an issue where the Home Lock Screen widget does not accurately display the Home app status
- Addresses an issue where Siri may not respond properly to music requests
- Resolves issues where Siri requests in CarPlay may not be understood correctly
Go download your new iOS 16.3 update on your iPhone or get the latest iPadOS 16.3 from the settings.