Need a mini-PC for gaming or productivity work? The new AMD Ryzen 3000XT CPUs are great for both gaming and productive work, undoubtedly the Ryzen 9 3900XT CPU is the best one for the task with its might 12 cores and 24 threads. Using the CPU paired with a good GPU like RTX 2070 Super will give you incredible gaming performance and can be used for professional tasks as well.
Here is the complete mini-PC build:
NZXT H210 Mini-ITX PC Gaming Case
- New features: Front I/O USB Type-C Port and Tempered glass side panel with single screw installation
- Remastered design: The clean, modern design, iconic cable management bar, and uninterrupted tempered-glass side panel showcase your stunning build
- Simple cable management: Our patented cable routing kit with pre-installed channels and straps makes wiring easy and intuitive
- Streamlined cooling: Two Aer F120mm fans included for optimal internal airflow and the front panel and PSU intakes include removable filters, removable bracket designed for radiators up to 240mm
- Enhanced Motherboard Support: Mini-ITX
This is a very compact and spacious little gaming cabinet that is small enough to carry it anywhere. NZXT has put all of the required vents, components and mounts to help get all of your cooling, motherboard, CPU, RAM, power supply and storage all at one place.
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
- The world’s fastest 12 core processor for mainstream desktop, with 24 processing threads
- Can deliver ultra-fast 100+ FPS performance in the world’s most popular games
- Cooler not included, liquid cooler with 280mm or larger radiator recommended
- 4.7 GHz Max Boost, unlocked for overclocking, 70 MB of Gamecache, DDR-3200 support
- For the advanced Socket AM4 platform, can support PCIe 4.0 on X570 and B550 motherboards
Undoubtedly, the processor is the best one for your desktop and at its price this is the best one you could ask for. Now with higher clock speeds, you can overclock this CPU to or keep it quite in your mini-PC with proper cooling solution.
Corsair iCUE H100i RGB Pro XT
- Two 120 millimeter corsair ML series magnetic levitation PWM fans deliver improved airflow for extreme CPU cooling performance
- 16 individually addressable RGB LEDs light up the pump head to produce stunning customizable lighting effects to match your build
- Experience incredible cooling performance with each fan running from 400 to 2400 RPM while in operation
- Zero RPM cooling profiles In corsair iCUE software allow fans to stop entirely at low temperatures eliminating fan noise
- Corsair iCUE software allows you to control and synchronize your cooler’s RGB lighting with all iCUE compatible devices monitor CPU and coolant temperatures and adjust fan and pump speeds All from a single intuitive interface
A great liquid cooling solution for mini-PC as it has 2 of the 120mm radiators for cooling the CPU and its enough for doing gaming and other work but not ideal for die-hard overclockers.
be quiet! 600W 80 Plus Gold PSU
- 80 plus Gold certification (up to 92% efficiency)
- Multi-GPU support with four PCIe connectors
- Stable LLC, Synchronous Rectifier (SR) and DC-to-DC power conversion
- Modular cables for maximum build flexibility
- Temperature-controlled 120mm high-quality fan
- Sfx-to-atx adapter bracket for usage with larger case Sizes
- 3-Year manufacturer’s warranty
A very quite 600W PSU that is 80 plus Gold certified is great for this build and also being supportive to mini ITX PCs, this is a great option for this build totally.
ASUS ROG Strix B550-I Gaming Motherboard
- AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4.0: The perfect pairing for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Robust Power Design: 8+2 DrMOS power stages with high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors provide reliable power for the latest high-core-count AMD CPUs
- Optimized Thermal Solution: VRM and PCH heatsinks with ASUS Stack Cool 3+ design keep your system running reliably under heavy load by enhancing passive cooling capacity for critical onboard components.
- High-performance Gaming Networking: Onboard WiFi 6 (802.11ax), Bluetooth V5.1 and 2.5 Gb LAN with ASUS LANGuard
- Best Gaming Connectivity: Supports HDMI 2.1 ([email protected]) and DisplayPort 1.2 output, featuring dual M.2 slots (NVMe SSD)—one with PCIe 4.0 x4 connectivity, USB 3.2 Gen 2 front panel Type-C connector, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C port
- Industry-leading Gaming Audio & AI Noise Cancelling Mic Technology: High fidelity audio from a SupremeFX S1220A codec with DTS Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III draws you deeper into the action. Communicate clearly with ASUS AI Noise Cancelling Mic technology.
- Unmatched Personalization: Mini-ITX form factor, ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including RGB header and addressable Gen 2 RGB header for greater customization
X570 mini-ITX motherboards are quite expensive and as the new B550 motherboard has arrived, you can get almost all the benefits of an X570 at a lower cost, but obviously, if you do need an X570 no one will stop you. Overall, this is an ideal B550 mini-ITX motherboard ideal for gaming and work, includes PCIe 4.0 support for fast data transfers.
EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super KO Gaming GPU
- Real Boost Clock: 1770 MHz; CUDA cores: 2560
- Memory Detail: 8192 MB GDDR6: Bandwidth: 448 GB/s
- Real-Time RAY TRACING in games for cutting-edge, hyper-realistic graphics.
- Dual Fans offer higher performance cooling and low acoustic noise
- 3 Year & EVGA’s Top-Notch Technical Support.
- The EVGA GeForce RTX 20-Series Graphics Cards are powered by the all-new NVIDIA Turing architecture to give you incredible new levels of gaming realism, speed, power efficiency, and immersion.
An RTX 2070 Super is a powerful GPU, and as NVIDIA’s next RTX 3000 GPUs are arriving, these GPUs are getting heavy discounts, making it a better deal. This GPU can easily handle your gaming at high frame rates and is ideal for work as well.
G.Skill TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)
- TridentZ RGB Series – 32GB DDR4 kit – 2x 16GB matched modules
- Timings of CL16 (16-18-18-38) at 1.35V
- Unique heatsink design with vibrant RGB LEDs
- Specifically engineered for the Intel Z270 Kaby Lake platform
- 3000MHz memory speed, PC4-24000, 288 pins per module
A good build requires a higher amount of RAM and these days the requirement of RAM is increasing day by day and as the mini-ITX motherboard has two slots going up to 32 GB at once makes sense. It’s completely up to your use you want 32 GB, 16 GB or even 64 GB of fast RAM, having RGB is just cherry on the cake.
Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen4 PCIe M.2 Internal SSD
- NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4 x4 Interface. PCIe 4.0 Compliant / NVMe 1.3 Compliant.
- Power Management Support for APST / ASPM / L1.2.
- Supports SMART and TRIM commands. Supports ONFi 2.3, ONFi 3.0, ONFi 3.2 and ONFi 4.0 interface.
- Advanced Wear Leveling, Bad Block Management, Error Correction Code, and Over-Provision.
- All Sabrent SSDs come with FREE Sabrent Acronis True Image for Sabrent Software for easy Cloning. For those who require a specific sector size to clone their existing SSDs: A newly released Sabrent utility enables users to re-format the Rocket drive and choose the sector size of their liking, either 512-bytes or 4K bytes.
If you have gone for a Ryzen 3000XT CPU and a B550 motherboard, undoubtedly you should go for a PCIe gen 4.0 SSD for lightning-fast data transfers and it not only helps in day-to-day tasks but also helps in productivity workloads.
Seagate FireCuda Gaming (Compute) 2TB Solid SSHD
- Store games and play them faster with an internal SSHD drive delivering SSD performance and HDD capacities
- Perfect for PC gaming and laptop gaming, this hybrid hard drive helps load maps and boot levels faster with flash enhanced speeds
- Choose from a variety of capacities for an optimized rig
- Low power consumption means a more cost-effective setup
- Get long term peace of mind with the included 5-year limited warranty; Average Latency: 5.6 ms
- Packaging for the product might vary slightly
Gaming requires lots of space and you do need an HDD, and if you do want to game on this PC then go for this SSHD, a faster solution than traditional HDDs but is a bit costly. If you do not want to game get a 4TB HDD at the same price or use a 2TB SSD instead, the choice is yours.
So, that ends up with almost all the important components of the mini-PC build and the total price sums up to $2,010.82, and its mostly due to the unavailability of stocks due to the pandemic. Hopefully, you would get at lower prices later to make this to be a sweet deal just under $2000, the mini-PC is powerful, versatile, and efficient for both gaming and productivity.
Also, you can do a here and there in the main components like if you do not need much horsepower to step down a bit and use that money for the GPU or if you want an X570 mini-ITX motherboard to use the cheaper Ryzen 9 3900X to save some bucks. It depends on your workload and preference for how you want to configure this mini-PC. Do share your experience in the comments below…😉
Do check out: