The Taiwanese chip manufacturer has always been known for its SoCs powering mid-ranged smartphones. In recent days, smartphone gaming has taken a huge leap thanks to PUBG Mobile and all other popular gaming titles.
As we all know, gaming smartphones are mostly powered by Qualcomm chips due to their amazing performance and efficiency. Also, premium chipsets like Snapdragon 730G or Snapdragon 855+ powered devices cost a lot.
To help gamers to maximize their performance at lower prices, MediaTek has announced its new gaming-centric SoC series that includes Helio G90 and G90T chipset. These chips will ensure low-latency, stutter-free gaming and better performance at lower price ranges.
Coming to the specs of the Helio G90 series, these are octa-core chipsets, which utilize the ARM Cortex-A76 and Cortex-A55 CPU architecture. The SoCs come with clock speeds of up to 2.05 GHz and Mali-G76 3EEMC4 GPU with speeds up to 800MHz.
The chip has an impressive GPU performance even better than the flagship Snapdragon 855 Plus with 672MHz overclock speed of the Adreno 640 GPU. MediaTek has also included large L3 cache and up to 10GB of LPDDR4x RAM, with peak frequency up to 2133MHz.
What really enhances the performance of the SoCs is the MediaTek’s HyperEngine game technology which is said to ‘tune the entire smartphone for the greatest gaming experience possible.’
If you are confused about what is this new tech, we are here to help. This is a bunch of software features and optimizations that help to improve your gaming experience. So here are the features:
- The Intelligent Network Prediction Engine optimizes internet connectivity by quickly switching between Wi-Fi and LTE in case one of the signal breaks down
- The Rapid Response Engine to improve in-game action-to-display speeds using touch acceleration
- You can connect to two Wi-Fi bands both the 2.4GHz/5GHz for improved latency
- The Call & Data Concurrency feature allows you to play your game smoothly even if you are taking calls simultaneously
- It has HDR10 support with a 10-bit colour depth for vivid gaming experience on HDR-supported screens
- HyperEngine helps to deliver optimum performance via CPU and GPU resource management, improving the power consumption for prolonged gameplays
Talking of the cameras, the Meditek Helio G90 series chipsets support up to 64MP single camera and has multi-lens camera support with a triple-ISP design backing the hardware.
We expect smartphones with the chipset to be powering the smartphones in the coming days possibly first from Realme and Xiaomi as well. What do you think about this SoC series? Tell us in the comments below… 🙂
Do check out: