34.1 C
Delhi

Samsung smartphones to soon start featuring AMD’s mRDNA2 GPUs

AMD’s CEO Dr. Lisa Su, recently confirmed at the Computex 2021 keynote that the company is planning to bring its Radeon graphics to Samsung smartphones. Though there is still no confirmation about the official launch date for the Samsung-AMD Exynos chip, we are already seeing some early prototypes making their way into the hands of a few testers.

According to recent sources, the AMD mRNA 2 GPU shows similar or slightly better peak performance compared to the next generation Mali GPU. However, the peak performance of the two remained the same. But it was revealed that the AMD mRNA 2 chip is reportedly better than the current Exynos implementation when it comes to throttling.

The first round of testing revealed that the performance of the mobile RDNA 2 GPU drops by about 20% from peak followed by another 10% drop in the second round for a total of 30%. However, despite the 30% loss in performance due to throttling, AMD’s mobile Radeon RDNA 2 GPU is still faster than the latest Mali GPU.

Since the test results prove that, the performance characteristics of the AMD GPUs are better than Samsung might soon decide to fully switch over to AMD GPUs for its Exynos SoCs. Recent reports have also suggested that the 5 nm Exynos chip with RDNA 2 graphics for both laptops and smartphones.

- Advertisement -TechnoSports-Ad

There are also speculations going around that Google is also showing interest in AMD’s mobile Radeon IP and has signed a contract with AMD for mRNA 2 GPUs. However, all these are just rumors and there is no official confirmation about the reports floating around. But we can expect many more performance leaks to come around.

source

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Nivedita Bangari
Nivedita Bangari
I am a software engineer by profession and technology is my love, learning and playing with new technologies is my passion.
TechnoSports-Ad

Popular

TechnoSports-Ad

Related Stories

More from author

The list of Airtel SMS packs as of June 13, 2024

Check out the list of Airtel SMS packs, including costs and validity information. We have shared a list of Airtel SMS recharge plans that...

My Jio Recharge Plans as of June 13, 2024: Top trending plans from Jio

My Jio Recharge Plans: Since its establishment in 2016, Reliance Jio has made a remarkable impact on the Indian te­lecommunications industry. The company has...

The Best Recharge Plan for Jio as of 13th June 2024

Best Recharge Plan for Jio in 2024: The Ultimate Guide In the past few months, Jio has introduced and tweaked a slew of new...

The best sites for JPEG compression Online as of 2024 (June 10)

Best sites for JPEG compression: In a nutshell, image optimisation can improve on-page SEO by increasing page load speed. In contrast, a media-heavy web...