There has been a lot of hype surrounding the new OnePlus smartphone. OnePlus is known for its high-end phones but now they have launched the OnePlus Nord 5G in the middle segment.
Like many Indians, I was also excited by the thought of owning an OnePlus phone, which is known for its premium quality. So, finally, I bought the 12GB+256GB variant of the OnePlus Nord 5G last month for Rs 29,999. I chose the Blue Marble colour cause it looked gorgeous at the very first look.
After using it for about a month, I got the answer of why OnePlus Nord 5G created that much amount of hype upon its launch. So now, I would like to share my views with you on why you should definitely buy the OnePlus Nord 5G and more importantly in this upcoming Amazon Great Indian Festival, which starts from 16th October for Prime members and from 17th October for all users.
OnePlus Nord 5G specifications
- 48MP+8MP+5MP+2MP quad rear camera with 1080P Video at 30/60 fps, 4k 30fps | 32MP+8MP front dual camera with 4K video capture at 30/60 fps and 1080 video capture at 30/60 fps
- 6.44-inch 90Hz fluid AMOLED display with 2400 x 1080 pixels resolution | 408ppi
- Memory, Storage & SIM: 12GB RAM | 256GB internal memory | Dual SIM (nano+nano) | OnePlus Nord currently support dual 4G SIM Cards or a Single 5G SIM. 5G+4G support will be available via OTA update at a future date.
- OxygenOS based on Android 10 operating system with 2.4GHz Kryo 475 Prime + 2.2GHz Kryo 475 Gold + 6×1.8GHz Kryo 475 Silver Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G 5G Mobile Platform octa-core processor, Adreno 620 GPU
- 4115mAH lithium-ion battery | In-Display fingerprint sensor
- 1-year manufacturer warranty for device and 6 months manufacturer warranty for in-box accessories including batteries from the date of purchase
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 | 12GB GB LPDDR4X, 256GB UFS 2.1
- The main camera features: CINE aspect ratio video recording, ultrashot HDR, nightscape, super macro, portrait, pro mode, panorama, AI scene detection, RAW image, Filters, quick share
- Front camera features – Face unlocking, HDR, screen flash, face retouching, filters, ultra-wide selfie
What do you get in the box?
The OnePlus Nord 5G comes in a very well designed box. The box includes:
- Screen protector, which is pre-applied on the phone’s screen.
- Warp Charge 30 power adapter
- Warp Type-C cable which supports USB 2.0
- Quick start guide
- Welcome letter
- Safety information
- Warranty card
- Brand sticker
- Phone case
- SIM tray ejector
- Highest SAR value & Plastic recycling card
- Red Cable Club Membership card which will give you 1-year free subscription of 50GB cloud storage
What stands apart for the OnePlus Nord 5G from the rest?
Although, the Nord is having a glass back and a plastic frame which isn’t one of the most durable options, still its glass back makes it look like a premium device, no less than any OnePlus flagship device. On the front, the pill-shaped cut out to house the two front cameras also adds to its look.
It also has a slider on its side for making your phone on silent, vibration or ring mode. The speaker and sim tray are at the bottom but there is no headphone jack. Overall, it looks like a premium device from the very first instance.
The display of Nord is unmatchable in this price range. It has a 6.44-inch fluid AMOLED display with 2400 x 1080 pixels resolution and 408ppi but what stands apart is its 90Hz refresh rate.
OnePlus Nord is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 765G which is a pioneer midrange chipset and comes with support for 5G which means Nord is a 5G capable smartphone. The 5G connectivity support is the biggest advantage of Nord over the rest of the phones in this price range. This makes it future proof as whenever 5G comes you will be able to experience the high-speed cellular connectivity.
The Nord runs on Android 10 beneath the OnePlus’ much cleaner version of Android dubbed as OxygenOS, which is one of the key highlights of this phone.
The 12GB of RAM makes it super quick to handle any kind of tasks you throw at it. It can easily and efficiently handle all your daily tasks along with some gaming as well.
The phone comes with a pretty standard 4115mAH battery, which could have definitely been better. But what wins the game for Nord in this battery segment is that it can be charged using a much faster Warp Charge 30T.
From my personal experience, the Nord takes around 45 minutes to get fully charged, which is a huge advantage. And you can even lower the refresh rate to 60Hz in case you want longer battery life.
OnePlus Nord has a 48MP Sony IMX 586 primary sensor along with an 8MP ultra camera with 119 field-of-view, a 5MP macro shooter, and a 2MP depth sensor. In the front, it offers a dual-camera array consisting of a 32MP Sony IMX616 sensor coupled with an 8MP ultrawide shooter.
The images are great when compared to other devices in this price range. Although it won’t provide you with flagship-level pictures, it is definitely more than good enough to click normal pictures. The 48MP Sony IMX 586 primary sensor can handle almost all scenes efficiently and the front camera is also pretty good enough.
Pros and cons
|Average battery capacity
|5G connectivity support
|No headphone jack
|No support for extendable memory
|Warp Charge 30T
|Quad read camera and dual front camera
Why you should buy the OnePlus Nord 5G during Amazon’s Great Indian Festival?
The OnePlus Nord 5G was launched in India on 4th August 2020. I bought the 12GB+256GB variant in September for Rs 29,999.
After just 2 months from its launch, Amazon will be offering the 12GB+256GB variant of the OnePlus Nord 5G at just Rs 27,999. Along with this, there will also be 10% instant discount on HDFC debit and credit cards which will make your effective price around Rs 25,000.
Getting the high-end variant of the OnePlus Nord 5G for just around Rs 25,000 is an absolute win-win situation. It can’t get any better!
The Amazon’s Great Indian Festival, which starts from 16th October for Prime members and from 17th October for all users, is the perfect time to gift yourself or your dear ones with the OnePlus Nord 5G.
Buy from here:
Do check out: