As we already know, OnePlus has previously launched the new OxygenOS 13 based on the latest Android 13 this year and is slowly and steadily rolling out all the OnePlus smartphones in a phased manner. Most OnePlus 10 series smartphones have got this update in India including this OnePlus 10R 5G we reviewed has also got the latest update.
Obviously, this is a large update and if your auto-update is set to on, your phone will download the entire update and all you have to do is to install it manually. It takes some time while install but totally changes the look of OxygenOS with this latest update. This new OxygenOS 13 has plenty of design & UI changes based on Android 13.
Also, while a lot of people complained about OxygenOS 12 is similar to that of ColorOS, well this time around, this new OxygenOS 13 is totally inspired by ColorOS 13, which to be fair is not shabby. However, some key OnePlus elements are still there but mostly it’s ColorOS at its core overall, you won’t feel bad using the new OS.
Here are the complete update details of OxygenOS 13 on the OnePlus 10R 5G:
• Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
• Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
• Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
• Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
• Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behaviour recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
• Optimizes UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience.
• Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
• Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
• Optimizes fonts for better readability.
• Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
• Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
• Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
• Adds a new type of Always-On Display that shows live information about music, ride-hailing, and food delivery. (Supports only some apps)
• Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
• Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
• Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized.
• Adds Sidebar Toolbox. You can open floating windows inside apps for smooth operation.
• Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default • You can search content online and on your device.
• Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
• Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
• Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
• Optimizes Portrait Silhouette Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
Security & privacy
• Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots • The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
• Optimizes Private Safe • The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital wellbeing
• Adds Kid Space. When in Kid Space, your browser app automatically switches to Kids mode to create a child-friendly space.
• Adds distance-from-phone, ambient light, and sitting posture reminders in Kid Space.
• Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.
• Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experience.