It has just been 2 months since the IPL 2020 final on 10th November where Mumbai Indians clinched their 5th IPL title, and here we are already talking about the 14th edition of IPL.
The IPL 2021 will be as per normal schedule, i.e. it will start in March-April like all the previous years. Before the commencement of the tournament, they will be having a mini-auction for the 8 franchises.
It has now been officially declared that the IPL 2021 Player Auction will be held on 18th February in Chennai.
Read: IPL 2021 auction: Full list of retained and released players of the 8 franchises and everything you need to know about the IPL auction
The players’ list incorporates 207 capped, 863 uncapped and 27 Associate players:
· Capped Indian (21 players)
· Capped International (186 players)
· Associate (27 players)
· Uncapped Indian players who have played at least 1 IPL match (50 players)
· Overseas uncapped players who have played at least 1 IPL match (2 players)
· Uncapped Indians (743 players)
· Uncapped International (68 players)
So now here we take a look at the players who have the highest base price of Rs crores in IPL 2021 Auction:
- Glenn Maxwell (Australia)
- Steve Smith (Australia)
- Shakib Al Hasan (Bangladesh)
- Kedar Jadhav (India)
- Harbhajan Singh (India)
- Moeen Ali (England)
- Sam Billings (England)
- Liam Plunkett (England)
- Jason Roy (England)
- Mark Wood (England)
- Colin Ingram (South Africa)
These 11 players have the highest base price of Rs 2 crore as we head towards the auction for the 14th edition of IPL. This time the IPL governing body plans to stage the IPL 2021 tournament in India rather than taking it outside like UAE for the previous edition. The final decision will be taken soon.