The Geekbench 5 database now includes Intel’s Xeon W9-3495X CPU, which will be part of the upcoming Sapphire Rapids Workstation family. The Intel Xeon W9-3495X will be the flagship model in the Xeon W-3400 family, with 56 Golden Cove cores, 112 threads, and 105 MB of L3 cache. The CPU will have a base clock speed of 1.90 GHz and a boost clock speed of 4.8 GHz.
The sample tested here claimed a maximum frequency of 4.6 GHz, but the Geekbench log shows it only boosted to 3.2 GHz. The CPU was installed on a Supermicro X13SWA-TF motherboard, along with 128 GB of DDR5-4800 memory in octa-channel mode.
Given that this chip could be an engineering sample, the score is meaningless. The CPU scores 1284 points in single-core and 36990 points in multi-core, making it 46% faster than a Core i9-13900K CPU, but it also has more than twice the cores and threads. We believe this is due to the chip being an engineering sample, as indicated by the lowly clocks.
The following are the main features of the Intel Xeon W-3400 CPUs:
- Intel vPro for Workstations with Intel Advanced Management Technology
- Remote management, virtualization, and security features consistent with Enterprise PCs
- Integrated Intel Wi-Fi 6E Support with W790 & W680
- Intel Platform Trust Technology (C741, C621, C621A, C422 & X299 Limited)
- Intel Boot Guard
- Up To x8 DMI Processor-To-Chipset Connection
- Integrated USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 (20G) Support with W790 & W680
- Chipset PCIe 4.0 Lanes with W790 & W680
- Intel Ethernet Connection Support (Integrated I219-LM / Discrete I225-LM)
The CPU lags behind the Threadripper PRO 5995WX slightly, but the AMD part has more cores and an average score of around 40K points. The final Intel Xeon W9 silicon could be worth more than 40K points, but we’ll have to wait and see.
In the coming months, Intel is expected to launch its Sapphire Rapids Xeon workstation family, including the flagship W9-3495X CPU, with a formal announcement scheduled for February 15th. The Xeon W-3400 and Xeon W-2400 will be available in two flavours, both of which will be featured on the brand-new Fishhawk Falls server platform under the W790 PCH.
- India’s SaaS companies will touch $35 bn in Annual Run Rate by 2027
- Honda will bring its 2023 City Facelift and Hyundai bringing a new version of its Verna to the Market