Since the last decade, Obsidian has gained popularity for taking beloved RPG subgenres and plotting them with a unique twist. Avowed is a Skyrim killer from Obsidian. Here all the info we have regarding Avowed.
Latest Info on Avowed
Unfortunately, Avowed was not included in E3 2021, so, there are not many details disclosed after the initial reveal in 2020.
Avowed was revealed for the first time during the Xbox Games Showcase with a cinematic trailer. Though we haven’t seen any gameplay of Avowed. You can watch the reveal trailer below.
There is no release date available yet. But we can assume that Avowed is still years away from launch, because Obsidian is working on Grounded, their upcoming early access survival game, and also working on two DLCs for The Outer Worlds.
At this moment, all we know that Avowed will be a first-person RPG but the rumors are hinting that the title will mirror elements of Skyrim and other Elder Scrolls RPGs.
Rumors About Avowed
- Avowed will be an open world and much bigger than Skyrim.
- The main setting will be The Living Lands region of Eora.
- Avowed will focus on world reactivity, lighting, and next-gen AI systems.
- There will be featured a real-time weather system.
- The game will offer multiple boss battles.
- Two large cities will be there in the game along with a large area of wilderness.
- Creatures and wildlife will be based on Pillars of Eternity.
- The target launch is late 2022 or early 2023.
Link with Pillars of Eternity
Players have noticed few important connections, the castle which is shown in the opening shot files banners that resemble the symbol for Woedica, the god of law and justice who has the name – Oathbinder. This is the exact same name as the sword shown in the trailer.
One of the interesting rumors is that Avowed is a prequel to the Pillars of Eternity and set in the Aedyr Empire. Is it really? Let’s see what information comes out in the coming days. Stay tuned with us for more updates.