High GPU demand leads to an unprecedented 39% increase in its shipments

- Advertisement - Microsoft [CPS] IN US APAC

The year 2020 led to the increase in demand for high-performance technology due to the sudden change in work trends brought forth by the pandemic. The same trend is carried in the year 2021, and now the global supply chain has decreased tremendously, and supply is less, yet still, the demand for high-performance tech is increasing.

As such, the graphics card vendor has reportedly started to ship a huge amount of their products to try to meet the increased global demand for GPUs. According to sources, this sudden change has led to a 38.74% year-over-year increase in video card shipments in Q1 2021.

High GPU demand leads to an unprecedented 39% increase in its shipments

According to the latest analyst report, discrete graphics cards will probably reach 26% of the total market by 2025. And unsurprising, Nvidia continues to dominate the discrete GPS market. It makes up for around 81% of the total, while AMD represents the remaining 19%.

- Advertisement - NameCheap [CPS] WW

Another report indicates that the device manufacturers have shipped nearly 89 million notebooks in the quarter, owing to the increased demand for computation devices. The demand has led to the increase in notebook sales by 49% year-over-year in Q1, and companies are forecasting a year-over-year growth of around 4% for Q2. However, many analysts claim that some devices could have their demand see a steep decrease over the next year.

“The risk is that semiconductor suppliers will be lured into over-reaction and believe that suddenly, hundreds of millions of new users have appeared and the demand will stay high,” said Peddie. “That’s not only not realistic, it’s also not true. Where are [these new users] coming from? Not this planet.”

Source

- Advertisement - Wondershare WW
Lenovo India [CPS] IN
Redwolf [CPS] IN

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related Articles

Domino's [CPS] IN

More To Consider

NordVPN WW

Stay Connected

13,642FansLike
51FollowersFollow
88FollowersFollow
Boat Lifestyle [CPS] IN

Hot Topics

300x600
TataCliq [CPS] IN

Latest Articles

Harman Audio [CPS] IN

Trending

Redmagic WW

Featured