Finally, Apple has launched the second release candidate build of iOS 14.6 and iPadOS 14.6 for the developers only for the testing purpose. The build has appeared just five days after the company saw fit to see the first candidate build. The interested ones can download the build on their compatible iPhone and iPad models.
If anyone wants to test the second release candidate build of iOS 14.6 and iPadOS 14.6 on your Apple device, then you can download it through the Apple Developer Center or via an over-the-air mechanism. Before doing that, you have to install the appropriate configuration profile from the Apple Developer Center.
iOS 14.6 and iPadOS 14.6 will bring support for new Apple Music features like Spatial Audio with Dolby Atmos along with Lossless Audio. There are some new additions coming regarding the Apple Card Family. You can check out the release notes below:
Apple Card Family
– Apple Card can be shared with up to five people, including anyone 13 years or older in your Family Sharing group
– Apple Card Family adds support for families to track expenses, manage spending with optional limits and controls, and build credit together
– Subscription support for channels and individual shows
AirTag and Find My
– Lost mode option to add an email address instead of a phone number for AirTag and Find My network accessories
– AirTag will show the partially masked phone number of the owner when tapped with an NFC-capable device
– Voice Control users can unlock their iPhone for the first time after a restart using only their voice
This release also fixes the following issues:
– Unlock with Apple Watch may not work after using Lock iPhone on Apple Watch
– Reminders may appear as blank lines
– Call blocking extensions may not appear in Settings
– Bluetooth devices could sometimes disconnect or send audio to a different device during an active call
– iPhone may experience reduced performance during startup
iOS 14.6 and iPadOS 14.6 will be launched in the coming weeks.