AMD’s upcoming RX 6600 GPU has been confirmed by many leaks and rumours; however, the company itself is yet to lift the curtain upon its upcoming new GPU. However, many rumours are going around the internet that suggest that the cards indeed exist.
Quite recently we had ASUS register some of its custom cards bases on AMD RX 6600 and RX 6600 XT with the Eurasian Economic Commission (EEC):
- Radeon RX 6600 Challenger D (RX6600 CLD 8GO)
- Radeon RX 6600 Challenger ITX (RX6600 CLI 8G)
- Radeon RX 6600 XT Phantom Gaming D (RX6600XT PGD 8GO)
- Radeon RX 6600 XT Challenger Pro (RX6600XT CLP 8GO)
- Radeon RX 6600 XT Challenger D (RX6600XT CLD 8GO)
- Radeon RX 6600 XT Challenger ITX (RX6600XT CLI 8G)
This registration not only confirms the existence of the card but also suggests that AMD has equipped the RX 6600 and RX 6600 XT with 8 GB of VRAM, which is much lesser than what its RX 6700 XT offers.
According to recent sources, it is being stated that the RX 6600 series will feature Navi 23 GPUs. The news comes from the many tested AMD engineering samples, as per the reports, whether that holds any merit remains to be seen. AMD is expected to release the RX 6600 series by the latest of June. Their rumoured specifications are as follows:
|Cores||FROM||Memory interface||ETH hash rate||Time Spy Graphics score|
|AMD Radeon RX 6600||Navi 23||1,792||8 GB GDDR6||128-bit||27 MH/s||7,805 points|
|AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT||Navi 23||2,048||8 GB GDDR6||128-bit||30 MH/s||9,439 points|