Pep Guardiola’s men started off the Premier League 2020-21 season by a convincing 3-1 win over Wolverhampton Wanderers. Kevin De Bruyne, Phil Foden and Gabriel Jesus found the back of the net while Raul Jimenez pulled one back for the hosts.
It was the 10th consecutive season-opening match win for Manchester City, which is the first in the Premier League. They have now made a unique record.
Manchester City’s season opening-match winning streak started way back in the 2011-12 season when they beat Swansea City by 4-0.
Let’s take a look at all the Manchester City’s season opening-match results over the last decade:
- 2011-12: Manchester City 4-0 Swansea City
- 2012-13: Manchester City 3-2 Southampton
- 2013-14: Manchester City 4-0 Newcastle United
- 2014-15: Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester City
- 2015-16: West Bromwich Albion 0-3 Manchester City
- 2016-17: Manchester City 2-1 Sunderland
- 2017-18: Brighton & Hove Albion 0-2 Manchester City
- 2018-19: Arsenal 0-2 Manchester City
- 2019-20: West Ham United 0-5 Manchester City
- 2020-21: Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-3 Manchester City
Pep Guardiola is ready to challenge Klopp’s Liverpool for the Premier League title this season. Almost all the Premier League clubs have been very active in the transfer market, with Chelsea being the most active club.
The 2020-21 Premier League title race seems to be the most exciting one in recent years.
Do check out: