In this era of automation, AI puts a huge impact on the industry and the technological growth of nations. Keeping it in mind, to make AI-related information and activities, happened here, reachable to every Indian’s and also to inspire them all for contribution Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad launched a National AI Portal www.ai.gov.in. Mr. Prasad is the Union Minister for Electronics and IT, Law and Justice, and Communications.
Hands behind this National AI Portal –
This portal is developed by the Ministry of Electronics and IT partnering with IT Industry. From the IT industry side NASSCOM and form the government side the National e-Governance Division of Ministry of Electronics and IT will run this portal onwards jointly.
What you will get from this Portal –
The portal, www.ai.gov.in will be the digital platform where you will get to know what kind of development is happening in your nation. Besides all the articles, startups related to AI and funds invested in this industry will also share here. You will also get the case studies, research reports, learning opportunities, job-role related information, and more.
Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad said, “India must be a leading country in the development of Artificial Intelligence in the world, leveraging upon its vast Internet savvy population and data it is creating. India’s AI approach should be of inclusion and empowerment of human being by supplementing growth and development rather than making human beings less relevant”.
To plant the seed of technological mindset, especially of AI, among youths the government launched a national program called “Responsible AI for Youth“. The main motto behind this program is to make our next nation drivers ready technologically. Government’s National e-Governance Division and Ministry of Electronics & IT is working with the electronics industry giant Intel in this mission.
Details of “Responsible AI for Youth” –
The announced national program is open for the students from class 8 to 12 of all the Central and State government-run schools over India. The entire process will be implemented in multiple phases. Those are
- Phase 1
- Based on some eligible criteria the State Education Department will nominate 10 teachers.
- Phase 2
- The selected teacher will go through an orientation session so that they can select potential students.
- Phase 3
- Thay will select 25 to 50 potential students.
- Phase 4
- The students will attend an online training session on AI where they will understand AI’s social impact.
- Phase 5
- The students have to submit their ideas in a 60 seconds video format. Their idea must include AI technology.
- Phase 6
- Top 100 ideas will be selected and the students engaged with those will be invited to attend residential boot camps or online sessions. There the youths will gather deeper knowledge.
- They need to create a real-time project after the session and submit the final project in a video format on the website.
- Intel certified AI coaches and mentors will be there to guide the students during the project building.
- Phase 7
- Top 50 projects will be selected for the face to face or online demonstrations. This phase will be handled by a group of experts.
- Phase 8
- Top 20 projects will be picked by the experts and will provide a relevant platform to showcase their idea.
Do Check Out 👇🏼