Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) break down in India recently the government has declared a nationwide lockdown till 14th April. Honouring the decision all the services are shut down for avoiding the gathering of people so that the chain of the virus can be broken. In this situation, Jio thought about their customers who have a monthly package and have to recharge from the local stored to keep the number active. Due to lockdown, all these kinds of recharging stores are shut down for safety purpose and people are left with no option left to recharge online.
Here Jio came up with another innovative idea, it enabled used the ATMs as their recharging centres. In their twitter post, Jio announced this innovative support with all the steps to be followed.
Here are the steps to be followed:
- Find the nearest ATM
- Insert your card in the ATM
- Choose “Recharge” option from the menu
- Enter your Mobile Number
- Enter your ATM pin code
- Enter the specific recharge amount
- Confirm your entry (Press ENTER)
- A recharged message will be displayed on the ATM machine’s screen. The specific amount will be debited from your account.
- You will receive a Jio Recharged message in your phone
This system will come handy for customers who believe in offline recharge. Now everyone can access this catch offered from Jio to help its customers. Just find a nearest ATM machine and you are good to go. Even it will work on those working ATM machines which do not have money in them.