European football’s governing body UEFA have announced the Team Of The Year 2019, which was selected by fan’s votes.
The UEFA fans’ Team of the Year 2019 has been revealed on Wednesday after more than 2 million fans cast their votes over the course of six weeks.
This time the Team Of The Year is dominated by players from the Premier League. Six Premier League players are in the team, out of which five players are from Liverpool, who won the last edition of the Champions League.
Liverpool players – Alisson Becker, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Andrew Robertson, Virgil van Dijk and Sadio Mane – dominate the Team Of The Year. They are all part of the current Liverpool team who dominated Europe last season and have been leading the Premier League title race by a huge margin this season.
Last season’s breakthrough team Ajax who defeated Europe’s big teams, Real Madrid and Juventus also have two of their former players – Frenkie De Jong and Matthijs De Ligt – in the Team Of The Year.
Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, the everpresent duo have once again made this Team Of The Year. They are definitely from another planet and no one can reach their level. They have made this feat of getting included in the Team Of The Year a normal thing, which for other players is an achievement.
Manchester City’s Kevin De Bruyne and Bayern Munich’s Robert Lewandowski complete the Team Of The Year XI.
Some additional key facts about the UEFA Fans’ Team of the Year 2019:
- There are seven newcomers in the line-up – Alisson, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Matthijs de Ligt, Andy Robertson, Frenkie de Jong, Robert Lewandowski and Sadio Mane.
- For the first time, Liverpool have the most players in the team with five.
- The Netherlands is the most represented country with three players.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has been included for a record 14th time after helping Portugal to win the inaugural edition of the UEFA Nations League.
- Lionel Messi has been included for the 11th time after becoming the first player to score in the UEFA Champions League in 15 successive seasons.
- Matthijs de Ligt at 20 years, is the youngest player in the XI.
Do check out:
All the latest 2019-20 kits of football teams from all over the world are now available on Tech2Sports. Superior quality kits at the lowest price guaranteed. Show your support for your favourite club and country by wearing their colours.