Prepare to slice and dice, since Shadow Warrior 3 appears to be coming out in March. Although publisher Devolver Digital has yet to make an official announcement, both the Xbox and PlayStation Stores have updated their listings with a March 1 release date, indicating that this is the real deal. There’s also a price ($50) and the following pre-order extras listed…
- Shadow Warrior [Full Game]
- Shadow Warrior 2 [Full Game]
- Limited Edition Katana Skin [DLC] for Shadow Warrior 3
Not a bad collection of extras! For those who haven’t been keeping up, Shadow Warrior 3 is the third installment in the Shadow Warrior series, and it seems to be the most extravagant yet. Here’s a recap of the game’s highlights:
Lo Wang, a former corporate shogun, and Orochi Zilla, a former adversary turned sidekick, set out on a journey to reclaim an ancient dragon they unwittingly released from its endless prison. Lo Wang must traverse uncharted corners of the planet armed with a punishing mix of swords and guns to track down the dark beast and push the apocalypse back again more. All it takes is a dead god’s mask, a dragon’s egg, a dash of magic, and enough firepower to stave off the impending disaster.
- Conduct a symphony of death with each encounter by mixing overwhelming firepower with devastatingly precise katana strikes as you dash in and around the demonic hordes.
- The flow between nimble movement techniques including air dashes, wall running, double jumps, and the fancy new grappling hook busts your combat and movement options wide open in every battle.
- Execute spectacular finishing moves to claim a piece of your conquered foe and unleash its powers back on the horde in a burst of unstoppable fury and powerful magic.
- Each environment is lined with hazardous structures and devices that can be activated to add another layer of creative choice to the offensive strategy.
- Trek across a mythic Asian land infused with the magic and technology of ancient samurai, now overrun by the demonic yokai from Japanese folklore.
- Brace for expertly delivered one-liners from Lo Wang pointed banter with Zilla and an intense thrill-ride of absurd predicaments on the way to turning doomsday into a new day.
Shadow Warrior 3 launches on PC, Xbox One, PS4, and Xbox Series X/S and PS5 via backward compatibility on March 1 (pending official announcement).