Should you buy the MacBook Air M1 in 2023 for ₹78,990?
In 2023, getting a good laptop is confusing, not difficult, but damn confusing because of the variety of laptops available in other markets. I tried hundreds of laptops in the last few years but the Apple laptops have their own reliability and trust I would ask someone to buy say a MacBook Air is a peaceful suggestion for me personally.
The biggest con of Windows laptop is not having control over software and hardware, the lack of optimizations in future make these laptops incompetent in future. This is not the case with a MacBook which receives timely updates that actually make them better with time.
While Apple launched the new MacBook Air 2022 powered by an M2 chip last year and while it has got its own price decline, and is available for only Rs.1lakh, the former 2020 MacBook Air is still up for grabs. To surprise, the Cupertino giant increased the pricing of its older MacBook Air 2020 with M1 chip to Rs.99,990 at the start of 2022.
However, prices of the MacBook Air M1 have already fallen to a stable ₹85,990, and at each platform, there are multiple offers to reduce the pricing even further thanks to bank offers. Now, should you buy the older MacBook Air in 2023? Well, considering at this price falls in the Windows laptop category, the older MacBook still holds a good value?
With years of updates, rigorous optimizations with Apple’s own hardware, superb battery life and decent performance with M1, it’s still a good laptop for ₹80k.
Apple MacBook Air M1 Specifications
- All-Day Battery Life – Go longer than ever with up to 18 hours of battery life.
- Powerful Performance – Take on everything from professional-quality editing to action-packed gaming with ease. The Apple M1 chip with an 8-core CPU delivers up to 3.5x faster performance than the previous generation while using way less power.
- Superfast Memory – 8GB of unified memory makes your entire system speedy and responsive. That way it can support tasks like memory-hogging multitab browsing and opening a huge graphic file quickly and easily.
- Stunning Display – With a 13.3-inch/33.74 cm Retina display, images come alive with new levels of realism. The text is sharp and clear, and colors are more vibrant.
- Why Mac – Easy to learn. Easy to set up. Astoundingly powerful. Intuitive. Packed with apps to use right out of the box. Mac is designed to let you work, play, and create like never before.
- Simply Compatible – All your existing apps work, including Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft 365, and Google Drive. Plus you can use your favourite iPhone and iPad apps directly on macOS. Altogether you’ll have access to the biggest collection of apps ever for Mac. All are available on the App Store.
- Easy to Learn – If you already have an iPhone, MacBook Air feels familiar from the moment you turn it on. And it works perfectly with all your Apple devices. Use your iPad to extend the workspace of your Mac, answer texts and phone calls directly on your Mac, and more.
- Fanless Design – Your MacBook Air stays cool and runs quietly even while tackling intense workloads.
At Croma, this MacBook Air M1 is on sale for ₹78,990: https://lite.al/nfCfW
On Amazon India, the MacBook Air is available for ₹84,490: https://amzn.to/3JmPiAs