A L’Equipe 10/10 rating is the stuff of dreams for football players. The French publication which awards the Ballon d’Or has been very harsh in their player ratings over the course of their history.
And last night, Erling Haaland earned yet another L’Equipe 10/10 rating for his five goals against RB Leipzig in the Champions League. The Norwegian is only the second player after Lionel Messi to have two 10/10 scores. And he is the only player to have received two perfect scores in a single season.
All the players to have achieved a L’Equipe 10/10 rating over the years
- Bruno Martini – France U21s vs Greece U21s, 1988
- Franck Sauzee – France U21s vs Greece U21s, 1988
- Oleg Salenko – Russia vs Cameroon, 1994
- Lars Windfeld – Aarhus vs Nantes, 1997
- Lionel Messi – Barcelona vs Arsenal, 2010, & Bayer Leverkusen, 2012
- Serge Gnabry – Bayern vs Tottenham, 2019
- Carlos Eduardo – Nice vs Guingamp, 2014
- Robert Lewandowski – Borussia Dortmund vs Real Madrid, 2013
- Neymar – PSG vs Dijon, 2018
- Lucas Moura – Spurs vs Ajax, 2019
- Dusan Tadic – Ajax vs Real Madrid, 2019
- Alban Lafont – Nantes vs PSG, 2022
- Kylian Mbappe – France vs Kazakhstan, 2021
- Erling Haaland – Man City vs Man Utd, 2022, & RB Leipzig, 2023
With the way things are going, this might not be the last perfect score that Haaland gets in his career.