Australian all-rounder Ellyse Perry has set a new record in the history of women’s T20 cricket by bowling the fastest delivery ever recorded in the format, clocking at 130.5 kmph. Perry achieved the feat while representing the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) in a match against the UP Warriorz during the ongoing Women’s Premier League (WPL) 2023.
RCB shared the update on Twitter with fans applauding Perry’s exceptional performance. Perry’s impressive bowling display saw her take three wickets and concede just 16 runs in the process in RCB’s first innings.
Here’s everything you need to know about Ellyse Perry’s historic feat and RCB’s performance in the WPL so far :
- Ellyse Perry’s record-breaking performance : Ellyse Perry’s delivery was clocked at 130.5 kmph, which broke the previous record held by South Africa’s Shabnim Ismail. Ismail had held the record for the top three fastest deliveries in women’s cricket with speeds of 127.4 kmph, 127.1 kmph, and 126.1 kmph respectively.
- RCB’s first win of the season: The victory against UP Warriorz was RCB’s first win of the WPL 2023 season. Kanika Ahuja’s knock of 46 runs and Richa Ghosh’s 31 helped RCB achieve the target of 136 runs in 18 overs.
- RCB’s current position in the WPL standings: RCB currently finds themselves in fourth place in the WPL standings with only two points in six games. Gujarat Giants are levelled on points with RCB, but they have played one game less.
- RCB’s remaining matches: Bangalore’s next games include encounters with Gujarat Giants and Mumbai Indians, and the team will have to win both of their remaining games to have any chance of reaching the playoffs of the tournament. However, they will also have to depend on other teams’ results to hope for a spot in the playoffs of the tournament.
- WPL playoff qualification: To qualify for the playoffs, RCB will have to win their remaining two games and then hope that UP Warriorz loses the rest of their fixtures. In addition to this, they will also have to maintain a healthy run-rate, particularly superior to that of Gujarat. If Gujarat win two of their remaining three games, both teams will arrive at the same number of points, and the Net Run Rate (NRR) will decide who races ahead to the playoffs.
While RCB may be struggling in the WPL 2023, Ellyse Perry’s record-breaking performance is undoubtedly one of the highlights of the tournament. RCB will have to step up their game in their remaining matches to qualify for the playoffs, and Perry’s excellent form will undoubtedly play a crucial role in their quest for success.
Read more : RoundGlass Punjab FC : The Dominant Journey to Winning the I-League