Australia has won the second ODI against India to level the series at 1-1. The game was played on Sunday, March 17, 2023, at the Dr. Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA–VDCA Cricket Stadium in Visakhapatnam. This win is crucial for Australia as they now have a rare chance to win an away series in India. The match was an exciting one with some brilliant performances by the Australian team.
Here is a rundown of some of the highlights of the game : Australia Wins Second ODI Against India, 1-1
- Mitchell Starc’s Excellent Bowling: Mitchell Starc was the player of the match for his exceptional performance. He took 5 for 53 as Australia bundled out India for a meager 117 in 26 overs. Starc’s ninth five-wicket haul in ODIs, along with a fine display from Sean Abbott (3/23) and Nathan Ellis (2/13), gave Indian batters no chance to settle down with the ball seaming and swinging prodigiously.
- India’s Disappointing Batting: India lost the game with 234 balls to spare, the most ever in their men’s ODI history. Their previous worst was 212 balls remaining against New Zealand in January 2019. Only two Indian batters, Virat Kohli (31) and Axar Patel (29 not out), crossed the 20-run mark.
- Travis Head and Mitchell Marsh’s Partnership: The chase was a cakewalk for the Australian team. Travis Head and Mitchell Marsh had an excellent partnership and were able to chase the target without losing any wickets. Marsh hit a half-century, while Head remained unbeaten on 45.
- Steve Smith’s Captaincy: Steve Smith’s captaincy was outstanding as he executed his plans perfectly. Mitchell Starc put the Indian team under pressure with the new ball, and the Australian fielding was also top-notch.
- Rohit Sharma’s Post-Match Interview: Rohit Sharma, the Indian captain, was disappointed with his team’s performance. He said, “We didn’t apply ourselves with the bat. Didn’t put enough runs on the board. It wasn’t a 117 wicket. We didn’t apply ourselves.”
It was an exciting game of cricket with some brilliant performances by the Australian team. The series is now level at 1-1, and the next match will be crucial for both teams. The third ODI will be played on Wednesday, March 22, 2023, at the Eden Gardens Cricket Stadium in Kolkata. Cricket fans are eagerly waiting to see who will come out on top in this series!