Dwayne Bravo retired from international cricket but he will be returning to IPL in the next season. However, Chris Gayle’s return hasn’t been confirmed. Chennai Super King’s (CSK) CEO Kasi Viswanathan has verified the fact that Bravo will be playing the next season of IPL, though the players will be shuffled in IPL 2022.
As per sources, Kasi Viswanathan said “Yes, he is going to come back for IPL 2022. He has only retired from international cricket. He is fit and can play,”
There’s no confirmation if Dwayne Bravo will return in CSK. By 30th November, the franchise is all set to announce the names by next week.
Punjab Kings Official hasn’t decided the return of Gayle but they are confident that he will return if asked to. However, there’s no surety if he will be retained in the team or play for some other team.
A Punjab Kings official stated “He is yet to convey whether he will come back. We will announce the retentions in the next few days and we should know by then whether he is going to come back,”
Rules of retention for IPL 2022
- Total Budget: ₹90 Crore
- Only four players can be retained by each franchise
- ₹42 Crore will re deducted from the player purse.
- If three players are retained, ₹33 crore will be spent.
- If two players are retained, ₹24 Crore will be spent.
- If one player is retained, ₹14 Crore will be spent.
- Existing teams can retain up to three Indian players.
- Existing teams can keep up to two international players.
- The two new franchise will be able to select three players from the auction pool.
- They are allowed to pick only two Indian players and one international player.
- The new teams will be able to pick only one uncapped Indian from the three free picks.
Even if Dwayne Bravo and Chris Gayle return to IPL 2022, chances are minimal for their retention. The existing franchises can keep only four players, keeping that in mind they have to make some really tough calls.