Sony’s PlayStation 5 is the hottest gadget of the year 2020 and is the dream device of every gamer. But there is one issue which every one of us is facing with the new console. It is a fact that the new device is facing a shortage of supplies from its manufacturer. But it seems like Sony is trying it’s hard to address the issue and will most probably solve it pretty soon.
The games which are launched on Sony’s next-gen consoles are not something outstanding, but the implementation of DualSense functionality in the games make the PlayStation 5 feel like a proper next-gen system. The software and UI are both amazing and its combination of Sony’s new Tempest AudioTecha along with titles that take advantage of its powerful SSD makes the console stand out among the rest.
According to reports, Sony shipped 3.4 million PlayStation 5 units in the first four weeks of availability and will also ship between 16.8 and 18 million units in 2021. The company states that it has received a clear supply channel and also that more units will be reserved for Asian territory from January.
The PlayStation 5 console is now available in the regular edition, complete with Bluray drive, and the Digital Edition:
- The PS5 console unleashes new gaming possibilities that you never anticipated
- Experience lightning-fast loading with an ultra-high-speed SSD, deeper immersion with support for haptic feedback, adaptive triggers, and 3D Audio, and an all-new generation of incredible PlayStation games
- Lightning Speed – Harness the power of a custom CPU, GPU, and SSD with Integrated I/O that rewrite the rules of what a PlayStation console can do
- Stunning Games – marvel at incredible graphics and experience new PS5 features
- Breathtaking Immersion – discover a deeper gaming experience with support for haptic feedback, adaptive triggers, and 3D Audio technology
Originally the Japanese tech giant had planned to ship between 5 and 6 million units by March 2021, but the increased demand made Sony change its plans. Hope it manages to supply the consoles as per the promise and not crush our hopes.