Stadiums are architectural masterpieces, with so many spread across Europe which are not only innovative in design and stature but also harbour some of the most electric atmospheres that you can experience anywhere in the world.
But which European stadium is the most loved on social media?
Curious to find out which stadium in Europe is the most beloved online, Odds-Comparison.com trawled through Instagram, to discover which of the 50 European stadiums studied was the most tagged.
Top 10 Most Instagrammable Football Stadiums
|Rank||Stadium||Country||Number of Posts|
|9||Parc des Princes||France||312,000|
- Barcelona FC’s stadium Camp Nou takes the top spot as the most Instagrammed stadium – with over 2.2 million posts!
- Anfield, home to Liverpool FC comes in second with 1.4 million posts, followed by Wembley Stadium with 1.3 million.
- Twickenham Stadium is the only stadium in the top 10 that is not a football stadium. The England Rugby stadium ranks 8th with 465,000 posts.
- You’ll find 10 of Europe’s most popular stadiums in the UK – of which Anfield, Wembley, Old Trafford and Twickenham reign supreme!
- Out of 50 stadiums analysed, only 5 of them are not hosts to football teams, with Twickenham, Croke Park, Millennium Stadium, Murrayfield Stadium, and Estadi Olimpic Lluis hosting rugby and athletics.
- https://odds-comparison.com/sought to find out which stadium in Europe is the most tagged on Instagram.
- Odds Comparison utilised data from Wikipedia to create a seed list of the 50 largest capacity stadiums in Europe.
- The hashtags for each stadium were then scraped on Instagram and ranked from highest to lowest to determine which stadium is the most tagged on Instagram
- Stadiums ‘Mercedes-Benz Arena’ ‘Boris Paichadze Dinamo Arena’ and ‘Hrazdan Stadium’ were omitted as their hashtags were unreliable to give relevant data.
- St. James’ Park was also omitted as the hashtag is shared with another location.
- The data was collected on 16/05/2022 and is subject to change