Exclusive Content:

The No-Compromise Gaming PC Build under ₹30,000 in 2023

In search of a powerful yet efficient and budget-friendly...

TSMC going full utilization of its 3nm plant due to Apple’s upcoming A17 Bionic and M3 Chips

As Apple shifts to 3nm orders from TSMC, the Taiwanese company will see a slowdown in 5nm chip production. According to one report, the semiconductor manufacturer is experiencing healthy production of its cutting-edge process, owing primarily to A17 Bionic and M3 orders, which are expected to be found in a variety of products.

According to MacRumors, iPhone orders on TSMC’s 5nm process have dropped by 30%, as reported by DigiTimes. This was to be expected as Apple moves to 3nm architecture for the A17 Bionic and M3. At the moment, the technology giant appears to be the only client using TSMC’s 3nm wafers, which could be due to a price increase implemented by the latter a few months ago.

With Apple reportedly being the only customer with access to TSMC’s 3nm shipments, it is clear that the manufacturer’s plant will not be operating at full capacity.

credit: wccftech

Even so, given the number of iPhones Apple sells in a calendar year, it is sufficient for TSMC to use its facility at 70% capacity. The remaining 30% can be added if Apple’s demand increases in the fourth quarter of this year.

- Advertisement -MostBet

However, the remaining capacity can be used for TSMC’s N3E process (an improved version of N3), which could be chosen in the future by Qualcomm and MediaTek. For the time being, the M3, which is expected to arrive in the coming months for the 13-inch and 15-inch MacBook Air models, is the first chip to properly take advantage of the 3nm process.

Apple will add the A17 Bionic to its 3nm chip family, but it will only be available for the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max, with the iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus expected to use the A16 Bionic.

Also Read:



Free Fire Name Change: Everything You Need to Know in 2023

Free Fire Name Change: A Complete Guide in 2023 Are...

Best Chairs for Gaming in India as of 2023

Best Chairs for Gaming in India - The Ultimate...

The Best OnePlus Phones in India as of June 2023

The Best OnePlus Phones in India - The Ultimate...

Best Facebook Stylish Names to Enhance Social Media in 2023 

Get exciting updates on Facebook Stylish Names in 2023 Facebook...

Don't miss

The Sleep Company [CPS] IN


Nivedita Bangari
Nivedita Bangari
I am a software engineer by profession and technology is my love, learning and playing with new technologies is my passion.

Meta Quest 3 is here with a staggering $499.99 price tag

The introduction of Meta's eagerly awaited Meta Quest 3 mixed reality headset has been revealed. This autumn, the smartphone will begin shipping, with a...

Intel hyping up its future desktop lineup with Arrow Lake, Panther Lake and Beast Lake CPUs

Intel appears to be planning numerous Desktop CPU product lines for its 15th Generation range, which will include Arrow Lake, Panther Lake, and Beast...

Aadhar card download how (Masked Aadhar for safety) in 2023

Aadhar card download how: The Ultimate Guide Aadhar card download is simple when you use your Aadhaar number, enrolment ID, virtual ID, and so...


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.