Returnal made its PC debut to generally positive reviews from both critics and fans. While the game’s port went well, there are some technical issues that need to be addressed, which is what the latest Returnal patch aims to do.
Returnal was released as a PS5 exclusive on April 30, 2021. Some fans praised the game for its unique gameplay loop, intriguing story, and excellent gameplay mechanics. Returnal was a hit for Sony, and the game went on to win a slew of awards the following year, including a BAFTA for best game. Given the recent influx of PlayStation exclusives ported to PC, some fans hoped for a playable version of Returnal for PC.
While some Returnal fans are pleased with the PC port, there are a few minor issues that need to be addressed, which this recent patch does. This patch was small, as it only addressed a few minor details, but these were the only changes brought about by the patch. The rare but common bug in which the music would stop when entering a new biome has been fixed, and the game no longer has the error where it would not detect the entire screen, which is important for wide-screen players.
Returnal Patch Notes:
- Fix for rare issue with music stopping during Biome entry
- Fix for certain Ultra-wide monitor setups not being detected in Full Screen
- Fix for incorrectly detecting the Windows resolution on first boot
- Fix for grass draw distance on Epic Particle settings
- Fix for PSN Sign in time-outs
- Fix for Benchmark results rounding error
That was all this patch had to address; aside from a few minor bugs and some black screen issues, which have been fixed, the port is a huge success. While some fans have enjoyed the game, they claim that the game’s high PC requirements are too demanding for the majority of players and what they currently play on.
- Microsoft Xbox Game Pass confirmed to add Valheim on March 14th 2023
- Cyberpunk 2077 HD Reworked Project Mod all set to release on March 12th