In the third ODI between India and Bangladesh, Ishan Kishan broke a lot of records in this game. He smashed 210 runs in just 131 deliveries that included 24 fours and ten sixes at a strike rate of 160.31. He replaced Rohit Sharma with the dead rubber and broke Bangladesh’s bowling line-up.
Records were broken by Ishan Kishan
- Ishan Kishansmashed the fastest double century in ODI (in terms of balls). He crossed the 200 mark in 126 deliveries, leaving Chris Gayle behind who had the record for 138 balls.
- He broke Rohit Sharma’s record to become the youngest player being only 24 years and 145 days to muster a double century.
- He’s the fourth player to smash a double century in ODI. Earlier, Sachin Tendulkar (200* against South Africa in 2010), Virender Sehwag (219 against West Indies in 2011), and Rohit Sharma thrice (264 against Sri Lanka in 2014, 209 against Australia in 2013, and 208* against the Lankan Lions in 2017) had the record.
- He is the seventh player overall to hit a ton after Tendulkar, Rohit, Sehwag, Chris Gayle, Fakhar Zaman, and Martin Guptill.
- Rohit Sharma piled up 264 runs against Sri Lanka in 2014 and Sehwag mustered 219 runs. Ishan Kishan is the third-highest individual scorer from India in this format.
- He broke Sehwag’s records as he scored 210 runs against the Bangladesh team in ODI.
- He smashed the most sixes as an Indian against Bangladesh in an ODI. Earlier, former skipper Sourav Ganguly had this record.
- In ODI matches played in Bangladesh, the 24-year-old hitter also recorded a maximum score of 210. He outperformed Shane Watson’s damaging 185* innings in Mirpur in 2011.
- Ishan has now the best individual score against the Bengal Tigers. Earlier, Charles Coventry from Zimbabwe smashed 194* in Bulawayo in 2009.
- In away/neutral ODIs, he recorded the highest score (210) by an Indian opener. He surpassed Sourav Ganguly’s World Cup knock of 183 against Sri Lanka in Taunton.
- He scored the highest number of sixes which is 10 as an Indian in the away/neutral ODI. He left Yusuf Pathan behind who had the score of eight maximums against South Africa.
Read more: India vs Bangladesh 3rd ODI: India wins by 227 runs, Ishan Kishan smashes a double century