The field of data science is experiencing significant growth due to rapid advancements in technology, big data, and software. Artificial intelligence (AI) has emerged as a prominent technology in today’s world. As a result, there is a high demand for professionals specialized in AI and machine learning, data analysis, and data science. According to the Future of Jobs Report 2023 by the World Economic Forum, these tech roles are projected to increase by over 30% by the year 2028.
The online Bachelor of Science (Hons) Degree Program in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati, India’s #7 top engineering institute, prepares learners for these high-paying, fast-growing careers.
Supercharge Your Tech Career with IIT Guwahati’s Online Bachelor of Science (Honours) Degree in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence – Apply Before the Deadline!
The industry-oriented curriculum covers cutting-edge topics in AI, including data-efficient deep learning, deep reinforcement learning, deep representation learning, deep generative models and applications, and AI ethics.
The program strongly emphasizes application-based learning with capstone projects, internships, and unparalleled access to high-performance computing facilities of two of India’s most powerful supercomputers – the PARAM Kamrupa and the PARAM Ishan. The degree gives an edge to the students by teaching many programming languages, tools and software, making them job-ready.
Who is this degree for?
High school graduates (science or non-science backgrounds), students pursuing parallel degrees, working professionals, young entrepreneurs, or anyone seeking a career change or valuable knowledge in data science and AI
- Minimum 60% score in Class 12 or equivalent exam from a recognized education board or university, with Mathematics as a compulsory subject at the Class 12 level
- Those eligible to appear for JEE Advanced (in any year) will be eligible for direct admission, while those without it are required to undertake an online qualifier test to qualify
- Prepares for diverse roles such as AI Engineer, ML Engineer, AI Research Scientist, Big Data Engineer, Data Analyst, and Business Intelligence Analyst across various industries
- Multiple early exit options: Foundational Certificate (1st year), Diploma (2nd year), Bachelor’s degree (3rd year), or Honors degree (4th year); students can rejoin after a one-year break
- Complete the degree in up to 8 years
- Optional immersion sessions for valuable on-campus experience at IIT Guwahati, convocation ceremony at the campus
- Access to IIT Guwahati’s alumni network of 20,000 tech leaders, innovators, and professionals, career opportunities and services like counselling, interview prep, mentorship sessions, and Coursera Hiring Solutions
- Graduates would be eligible to apply for a Master’s or a PhD degree at IIT Guwahati
Applications for this IIT Guwahati course closes on September 30, 2023; Classes start on October 30, 2023; Apply here