The International Cricket Council (ICC) has denied reports that the United States has lost co-hosting rights for the ICC T20 World Cup 2024. The tournament will still take place in the US and the West Indies, according to the ICC’s statement.
Here are some key points to note: ICC T20 World Cup 2024 Host
- The ICC announced last year that the US and the West Indies would co-host the T20 World Cup in 2024.
- However, reports surfaced recently that the US had been stripped of its co-hosting rights due to a lack of clarity from the US Cricket body.
- According to ICC sources, the US will still co-host the event with the West Indies. Cricket West Indies has been contracted as World Cup hosts, with the responsibility of delivering the event.
- The ICC had planned to take cricket to the US as part of its strategy to impress the International Olympic Committee. However, despite its best efforts, the ICC failed to impress the organizers and the IOC for cricket to return to the LA Olympics in 2026.
- Some fans have questioned the ICC’s decision to develop cricket in the US, which they say is the leading first-world nation on the planet and can afford to fend for itself. They argue that the ICC should put more emphasis on developing cricket in Nepal or any of the African nations that truly follow and play the sport.
The ICC has denied reports that the US has lost co-hosting rights for the ICC T20 World Cup 2024. The tournament will still take place in the US and the West Indies, and Cricket West Indies will be responsible for delivering the event. While some fans have questioned the ICC’s decision to focus on developing cricket in the US, the international body is moving forward with its plans to expand the sport’s reach in new markets.
Read more : Sivasakthi Narayanan : The Inspiring Story of Bengaluru FC’s Emerging Player, ISL 2023