Before launching an online gambling site, operators worldwide look for a reputable gambling jurisdiction from which they will obtain an eGaming license. One of these jurisdictions is Curacao, a remote Caribbean island that belongs to the Kingdom of the Netherlands and thus maintains its connection with Europe.
Over the years, the Government of Curacao has issued thousands of licenses to various online gaming operators, including online casinos, bookies, and poker sites. Operators have to meet specific criteria to get a Curacao license, but once the application process goes through, they can enjoy this regulator’s many benefits.
This text will explain the application process for the Curacao license and some pros and cons of this jurisdiction.
How to Apply for the Curacao Online Gaming License
Every operator interested in obtaining a Curacao online gambling license must first complete the application process and meet specific requirements. Luckily, the Government of Curacao has made this procedure relatively straightforward. Here are all the phases of the application process:
- Pre-approval process — To start the application, the operator in question has to submit the necessary details about the company along with a well-formed online gaming business to a corporate service provider. This takes only a couple of days, provided that the applicant has all the required information handy.
- Application form submission — Once all the documents are ready, the operator should pay the license application fee and submit it to the Curaçao Gaming Control Board.
- Application evaluation — The Curaçao Gaming Control Board will evaluate the application and check that the information is true and accurate. If everything turns out to be correct, the board will sign the application approval.
- License approval — With all details in order, the Curaçao Gaming Control Board will approve your license and send it to you within a few weeks. Upon approval, you’ll be free to launch a gaming site and offer any type of gaming you want, as one Curacao license covers all online gambling verticals.
You can learn more about obtaining a Curacao gaming license on GBO International, as we only provided a brief outline of the application process. The site contains information about other regulating jurisdictions, so you see how the Curacao license compares to licenses issued by different regulatory bodies.
Pros and Cons of the Curacao Online Gaming License
Holding a Curacao online gaming license offers many benefits to gambling websites. Still, no gambling jurisdiction is perfect, and so a license from Curacao comes with some downsides, too. Here are the most notable pros and cons you can expect from online casinos licensed by the Government of Curacao:
- License cost — One of the best things about obtaining a Curacao license is its cost, as it’s generally less expensive than other jurisdictions.
- Fast application and license processing — Getting a Curacao license is very fast, and the whole process takes up to six weeks on average.
- Single license for all gambling options — Whether you’re interested in launching a casino site, or you want to offer sports betting or even both, one Curacao license will be enough to establish a legal background for your work.
- No gambling tax — Curacao license holders don’t have to pay tax as long as they generate income outside the country.
- Ranked lower than other licenses — Since operators don’t need to meet many requirements to obtain a Curacao license, this regulator’s license is considered less reliable than some others.
- Some markets may be unavailable — Some notable international markets may be restricted to operators with a Curacao license.
The Curacao license is one of the best options for operators who want hassle-free regulation of their online gambling platforms. You can obtain this iGaming license in a few weeks through a straightforward application process and offer any online gambling service, including casino gambling, sports betting, poker, and more.
Although some online gambling experts claim the Curacao license enjoys less respect than other regulating bodies, the Government of Curacao has issued thousands of licenses and enabled online gaming operators worldwide to offer gambling services on the internet legally.
Read: IPL 2022: Gujarat Titans logo and jersey finally revealed, check it out