Brian Lara Net Worth, Career, Assets, and family in 2023 – Everything You Need to Know
Brian Lara is one of the most powerful former West Indies who belongs to the top ten richest cricketers in this world. The net worth of Brian Lara is estimated at around $ 60 million in 2023. There is a record of making 7 centuries in 8 first-rate innings and also scoring the most runs in a single match.
He is the number one Trinidadian cricketer who is acknowledged as one of the greatest batsmen of all time. He holds numerous cricketing records and topped the test batting rankings on various occasions.
Who is Brian Lara?
Brian Lara is a former international cricketer from Trinidad and Tobago. He is widely regarded as one of the greatest batsmen in the history of cricket and holds several records, including the highest individual score in a Test match innings (400 not out), as well as the most runs scored in a single over in a Test match (28 runs). Lara played for the West Indies cricket team between 1990 and 2007 and scored over 22,000 runs in international cricket. He is a revered figure in the cricketing world and is considered an icon in his home country of Trinidad and Tobago.
He completed his study at St. Joseph’s Roman Catholic primary school in Philadelphia. After that, he attended San Juan secondary school. Then Brian Lara enrolled at Fatima college. His father died due to a heart attack in 1989, while his mother died due to cancer in 2002.
Brian Lara, but according to some sources, his net worth is estimated to be around $60 million USD. Brian Lara holds the record for the highest individual score in the test innings, and he was awarded the Wisden leading cricket player in the world award. Also, Brian Lara was recognized in the ICC’s hall of fame in 2012. Although Brian Lara’s career had a dent caused by numerous controversies, Brian Lara managed to handle them easily and sensibly.
Brian Lara Net Worth
The net worth of Brian Lara is almost $ 60 million in today’s era. He made lots of money from cricket. Apart from cricket, Brian Lara also endorsed many brands and earned a lot of money. He has a lot of followers, which helps to make him popular and rich by getting more views.
Here is the history of Brian Lara’s net worth from the last few years.
|Net worth in 2023||$ 60 million|
|Net worth in 2022||$ 60 million|
|Net worth in 2021||$ 50 million|
|Net worth in 2020||$ 45 million|
|Net worth in 2019||$ 40 million|
|Net worth in 2018||$ 35 million|
Brian Lara Biography
|Real Name||Brian Charles Lara|
|Date of Birth and Place||May 2, 1969, Trinidad, Tobago|
|Height and weight||5’8″ and 75 kg|
|Number of kids||2|
|Name of children||Sydney Lara, Type Lara|
|Source of wealth||Professional cricketer|
|Net worth||$ 60 million|
Brian Lara’s House and Cars
Brian Lara lives in a luxurious home in Port of Spain. In this house, you will get a modern design, facilities and a garden. Similarly, the home is situated at the top of a private hill between the Atlantic ocean and Trinidad. If we talk about cars, he has expensive cars like BMW 2 series convertible, which is $ 52,950, and a Mercedes car which is $ 70,300. So he is living a lavish lifestyle like Prince.
Brian Lara Career
In 1987, Brian Lara got a breakthrough in his career when he scored 498 runs in the west indies youth championships. In 1988, he made his first-rate debut for Tobago in the Red stripe cup against Leeward islands. Then he captained the west indies team in Australia, and he made 92 against a Barbados attack in his second first-rate match. Also, he captained the west indies B team in Zimbabwe and scored 145 in 1989.
This is due to his successful career in cricket, as well as his various business ventures and endorsements over the years. Lara has also been involved in several philanthropic activities, including the establishment of the Brian Lara Foundation, which focuses on promoting sports and education in the Caribbean region.
In 1993, Brian Lara scored 277 in Sydney against Australia. He holds numerous world records for the highest scoring. Brian Lara is the only man who scored 375 against the UK in 1994. Plus, Brian Lara has scored nine double centuries in test cricket, and he scored five centuries as a captain. Under his captaincy, West Indies won two match test series.
Brian Lara has achieved numerous accomplishments throughout his cricket career, some of which are:
- Highest Individual Score in Test Cricket: Lara holds the record for the highest individual score in Test cricket history, scoring 400 not out against England in 2004. He broke the previous record of 375, which he had set against England in 1994.
- Second Most Test Runs: Lara scored a total of 11,953 runs in Test cricket, which is the second-most by any batsman in the history of the game. He also holds the record for the highest score by a West Indian in Tests.
- Three Sir Garfield Sobers Trophies: Lara was awarded the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for ICC Cricketer of the Year three times, in 1995, 1997, and 2004.
- Wisden Cricketer of the Year: Lara was named Wisden Cricketer of the Year twice, in 1994 and 1995.
- World Cup Victory: Lara played a crucial role in the West Indies victory in the 1996 World Cup, scoring 153 not out in the final against Australia.
- Fastest to 10,000 Runs in Tests: Lara became the fastest player to score 10,000 runs in Test cricket, achieving the feat in just 195 innings.
- Most Runs in a Single Over in Test Cricket: Lara holds the record for the most runs scored in a single over in Test cricket, hitting 28 runs off an over bowled by Robin Peterson of South Africa in 2003.
These are just a few of the many achievements that Brian Lara has accomplished in his cricket career.
Brian Lara made his debut for the West Indies cricket team in 1990 against Pakistan. He quickly established himself as a talented batsman and went on to have a remarkable career spanning over 17 years.
Some of the major highlights of his career include:
- In 1994, he broke the world record for the highest individual score in first-class cricket by scoring 501 not out for Warwickshire against Durham.
- In 1995, he became the youngest player to score 5,000 Test runs.
- In 1999, he led the West Indies to victory in the Cricket World Cup, scoring 153 not out in the final against Australia.
- In 2001, he broke the world record for the highest individual score in Test cricket by scoring 375 against England.
- In 2004, he broke the world record for the highest individual score in Test cricket for a second time, scoring 400 not out against England.
Overall, Lara played 131 Test matches for the West Indies and scored 11,953 runs at an average of 52.88. He also played 299 One Day Internationals (ODIs) and scored 10,405 runs at an average of 40.48. He retired from international cricket in 2007 but continues to be involved in the sport as a commentator and analyst.
Brian Lara Family
Brian Lara was born in Santa Cruz, Trinidad, and Tobago on May 2, 1969. His parents are Bunty and Pearl Lara, and he has two sisters, Agnes and Sheila. Before his marriage, he dated British lingerie model Lynnsey ward. Then Brian married a model and journalist, Leasel Ruedas. Brian Lara is married to Leasel Rovedas, a Trinidadian model, and they have a daughter named Sydney.
Brian Lara also has a son named Tyla from a previous relationship. Lara is known to be close to his family and has spoken publicly about the importance of his family’s support throughout his cricket career. They were blessed with two kids named Sydney Lara and Type Lara.
Read More: Ratan Tata Net Worth, Business, Career, Family, Income, and Assets in 2023