Barcelona plan to charge Arthur with the biggest fine in the club’s history

Barcelona had already agreed on a swap transfer deal for Arthur with Juventus, which will see Miralem Pjanic coming to Camp Nou. But till the last moment, Arthur wanted to stay in Barcelona and was unhappy with the transfer.

The swap transfer will happen after the end of the Champions League ‘Final Eight’ Tournament in Lisbon with the final on 23rd August. Until then Arthur was supposed to play for Barcelona and Pjanic for Juventus.

All the Barcelona players were given a mini-break after the end of the LaLiga season and were supposed to come back to Camp Nou last week. But surprisingly, Arthur has refused to join the Barcelona camp again and has stayed back in Brazil. He is unhappy with the way the Barcelona board treated him and has done the transfer.

Read: Arthur refuses back to get back to training, Barcelona opens disciplinary proceedings

Arthur refuses back to get back to training, Barcelona opens disciplinary proceedings

Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has been angered by this action of Arthur. He thinks this behaviour is unacceptable and will be taking disciplinary action against the 23-year-old.

According to a report by Sport, Bartomeu told: “What Arthur has done is an insult to his teammates, because the team wants to do well in the Champions League. And also to the club. It is illogical that playing such an important title, a player withdraws himself. It is unjustifiable and totally incomprehensible.”

“We agreed that until the Champions League ended, he would continue to play for Barça. He is a player who has a certain importance in the team and who could help us.”

“But he did not appear from the return of the mini-vacations. It is an unacceptable act of indiscipline. And that is why we have opened a file for him, because there is no argument that justifies his absence. He called and said, ‘I will not return, I will stay in Brazil.’ It is his decision. No one has given him permission.”

Bartomeu has also accused Arthur of not renewing his contract with Barcelona and hence the Juventus transfer happened. He said: “Arthur cannot renew for Barca for the amount he wants, he has a better offer and he explains it, Barca cannot match that offer, decides to leave and then the operation [transfer] starts.”

Now the Barcelona board will meet with Arthur’s lawyers next week and has already opened a disciplinary action against him. They are planning to hand him the ‘biggest fine in the club’s history’. They think if Arthur wanted to discuss this normally they would have tried to come to a conclusion. But after such an attitude from the Brazilian, they are in no mood to give any concession, rather they would charge him with a hefty fine.

Do check out:

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

More like this

Barcelona Confirm Dani Olmo's 3-Week Absence Due to Adductor Injury

Barcelona Confirm Dani Olmo’s 3-Week Absence Due to Adductor...

Barcelona have officially confirmed that Dani Olmo will be out of action for the next three weeks...
Juventus Dismiss Thiago Motta, Appoint Igor Tudor as New Head Coach

Juventus Dismiss Thiago Motta, Appoint Igor Tudor as New...

Juventus have officially parted ways with Thiago Motta, dismissing the manager following a string of disappointing results....
Barcelona's Midfield Blow: Marc Casadó Ruled Out for Season with Knee Injury

Barcelona’s Midfield Blow: Marc Casadó Ruled Out for Season...

Barcelona’s promising midfielder Marc Casadó has been ruled out for the remainder of the season after sustaining...
Why Was Barcelona vs. Osasuna Postponed?

Why Was Barcelona vs Osasuna La Liga Match Postponed?

Barcelona's LaLiga fixture against Osasuna, scheduled for Saturday, was unexpectedly called off just 20 minutes before kickoff...
Barcelona vs Rayo Vallecano

Barcelona vs Rayo Vallecano: A Night of Drama at...

The Barcelona vs Rayo Vallecano match promised fireworks, and it delivered in spades. On a crisp Saturday...

LATEST NEWS

Final Fantasy 9 Remake Speculation Grows After Anniversary Site Launch

Square Enix has reignited excitement for a potential Final Fantasy 9 remake by launching an official website celebrating the game's 25th anniversary. The new...

IPL 2025: LSG Edge MI in Thriller as Marsh, Markram Shine and Avesh Holds Nerve at Death

Tilak Varma retired out while Hardik Pandya took charge of strike rotation, but their late push wasn’t enough as Mumbai Indians (MI) fell short...

Motorola Razr 60 & 60 Ultra Leak Reveals Design, Specs & Colors

Motorola's upcoming foldable phones, the Razr 60 and Razr 60 Ultra, have surfaced online ahead of their official launch. Although the company has not...

IPL 2025: PBKS vs RR – Preview, Prediction, Starting XI and Where To Watch The Match LIVE

IPL 2025 promises more excitement as Punjab Kings take on Rajasthan Royals in Match 18, scheduled for Saturday, April 5, at the Maharaja Yadavindra...

Featured