We live in a society where virtually everyone is connected online. Generations of young people have grown up with social media in their lives, and many people earn a living through sponsored posts. But what about our older generation?
- Seema Anand (61) is the granfluencer that potentially earns the most though sponsored posts, with average earnings of ₹231,184 per sponsored Instagram post.
- She stands to earn more than the average pension in India from just one sponsored post.
Top earning Indian influencers aged 55 or above in 2022
|IG Handle||Name||Followers||Average Earnings Per Post (₹)||Number of posts to equal average pension (₹150,000)|
|@ravi.bala.sharma||Ravi Bala Sharma||192,000||₹61,186||3|
Taking the top spot is 61-year-old Seema Anand (@seemaanandstorytelling), she is a sexual health educator, who dispels sexual myths, answers questions, and combats taboo’s to her 732,000 followers. She is also a mythologist and the author of The Arts of Seduction. She stands to earn an estimated ₹231,184 per sponsored post, which eclipses the average pension of ₹150,000 in just one post!
In second place is 63-year-old model Dinesh Mohan (@dinesh.mohan.58) who has also appeared in films such as Veere Di Wedding (2018), the Salman Khan-starrer Bharat (2019), and Saand Ki Aankh (2019). His Instagram following of 308,000 could potentially earn him ₹97,722 per sponsored post, which would better the average Indian pension with just 2 posts.
64-year-old Ravi Bala Sharma (@ravi.bala.sharma), also known as ‘Dancing Dadi’ takes third place. She shows energy beyond her years with dancing videos that have earnt her a following of 192,000 which could earn her ₹61,186 per sponsored post.
Sheela Bajaj (@caughtcrafthanded) completes the list with estimated earnings of ₹21,060 per sponsored post, this could supplement her homemade crafts business where she sells crochet clothing and plush toys.
- TopRatedCasinos.co.uk sought to discover the ‘granfluencer’ potentially earning the most through sponsored social media posts
- ‘Granfluencer: social media influencer aged 55 or over
- A seed list was created utilising an article from Vice
- Influencer Marketing Hub’s predicted social media earnings calculator was used for the Instagram accounts, and the average amount was taken for each account.
- TikTok was not included in this study as it is currently banned in India.
- The amount was then converted to Indian Rupees.
- All figures are rounded to the nearest whole number.
- The amounts were then compared to the average Indian pension