Long has been the time since we used physical SIMs for our communication purposes. Currently, manufacturers like Apple, Samsung, Google, and Motorola support their devices for eSIMs. And it seems like Indian vendors are already prepared to provide their subscribers with the eSIM services.
Here is how users can convert their physical SIMs to eSIMs:
By sending an SMS from the device having active Jio SIM and complete the profile configuration process on the eSIM device, Jio users can covert their physical SIM to eSIM or transfer Jio eSIM from one device to another device.
The compatible devices listed on Jio’s FAQ are:
- Apple is iPhone Xs
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone SE 92nd generation
- iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
The following phones from Samsung are compatible with Jio’s eSIM:
- Galaxy z Flip
- Galaxy Fold
- Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy Note 20
- Galaxy Z Fold 2
- Galaxy S21 5G
- Galaxy S21+ 5G
- Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G
The compatible Motorola phones are:
- Motorola Razr
- Motorola Next GenRzr 5G
Google Phones include:
- Google Pixel 3
- Google Pixel 3XL
- Google Pixel 3A
- Google Pixel 3A XL
- Google Pixel 4A
Airtel users can convert their physical SIM to eSIM by sending an SMS eSIM registered email id to 121.
- If the email ID is valid, users will receive an SMS from 121 confirming the initiation of the process. Users will have to reply with “1” to confirm the eSIM change request within 60 seconds. Once users with a valid email get the confirmation, they will have to confirm the call, failing which the SIM change request will get canceled, according to Airtel.
- Users will then receive a QR code on their email ID. They will have to scan this QR code to get their eSIM activated, which takes two hours. At this time, their physical SIM will remain activated.
- Apple users can scan the QR code by clicking on “Settings” –> Select “Mobile Data” –> Click on “Add Data Plan” –> “Scan QR code” received on mail –> Label eSim.
Vi postpaid users also have to follow a similar process and are required to send an SMS to initiate the activation process:
- Users need to SMS eSIM registered email id to199.
- Users with a valid email ID will receive a confirmation SMS. Reply with “ESIMY” to confirm the eSIM change request.
- After providing their consent on the call, users will receive a final SMS regarding the QR Code which you will receive on your registered email ID.
- Click on “Settings” > Select “Network & Internet” > Click on “Mobile Network” > Click on “Download a SIM instead” > Click on “Next”
- Scan QR code received on mail and follow prompts on the phone.
That’s it, you will get to enjoy the eSIM services facility on your devices.