WPL Points Table 2023 has just got interesting
Women’s Premier League or WPL Points Table 2023 has got very interesting with recent matches and the decider matches will be played today. RCB face Mumbai Indians in today’s afternoon encounter whereas UP Warriorz faces top of the points table Delhi Capitals.
Before that, lets have a look at the WPL Points Table 2023:
As you see the top 3 spots have been sealed so far and while Gujarat Giants is out of Play Off race, Delhi Capitals has beaten Mumbai Indians by a big margin yesteday, taking its net run rate better than everyone standing at +1.978 while still having 10 points.
Can RCB still qualify in WPL?
The internet is on fire in asking this same question but as of the latest match report, but sadly, RCB is out of the race totally as Gujarat Giants failed to defeat UP Warriorz yesterday, today they will gace Mumbai Indians.
All that RCB can do today is to make things difficult for Harmanpreet Kaur’s Mumbai Indians by defeating them to crush all hopes to directly quality for finals.
WPL Points Table 2023: Who or How will be the Playoffs?
As there are only 5 teams playing this WPL 2023, people want to know how the playoffs will be decided, so, here we will tell you how.
- The team that ends up in the top position of WPL Points Table 2023 after 8 matches played will directly quialify for Finals that will take place in Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai on 26th March
- The second and third place will again meet on 24th March at Dr. DY Patil Sports Academy, Navi Mumbai to decide the other finalist spot
Today, both Match 19 and 20 will decide which teams will be in the finals directly or have to play the eliminators again to snatch the crown.
Here are some of the scenarios that can happen today:
- Should Mumbai fall to RCB in their final match and UP defeat Delhi convincingly, all three teams – Mumbai, Delhi, and UP – would end up with 10 points. In such a scenario, the team with the best net run-rate will be crowned the league champion.
- If Delhi and Mumbai win their last matches, both teams will have accumulated 12 points. The group champion will then be determined based on their net run-rate. However, if one team wins their last match while the other loses, the winning team will directly qualify for the final with 12 points, while the losing team with 10 points will have to navigate through the eliminator.
- In the event that Mumbai lose to RCB in their last game and UP defeat Delhi by a large margin, Mumbai, Delhi, and UP will all have 10 points each. In this case, the team that secures the highest net run-rate will be crowned the league champion.
We hope, this article simplified the complex WPL Points Table 2023 situation and how the finalists will be decided, we will soon update the blog as soon as the matches end! Stay tuned.