Forbes recently published the list of the top ten most valuable franchises across all sports in the world. Among the findings, no Premier League teams made the list despite their financial dominance. Only one MLB Franchise came up with numerous NFL and NBA franchises.
- 1 10. Bayern Munich (Football) $4.21bn
- 2 9. New York Giants (NFL) $4.3bn
- 3 8. New England Patriots (NFL) $4.4bn
- 4 7. Los Angeles Lakers (NBA) $4.6bn
- 5 6. Golden State Warriors (NBA) $4.7bn
- 6 5. Real Madrid (Football) $4.75bn
- 7 4. Barcelona (Football) $4.76bn
- 8 3. New York Knicks (NBA) $5bn
- 9 2. New York Yankees (MLB) $5.25bn
- 10 1. Dallas Cowboys (NFL) $5.7bn
10. Bayern Munich (Football) $4.21bn
The Bavarian Giants won the sextuple last season, and are the first entry in the top ten list. The nine years laden with Bundesliga silverware at the very least have boosted their value massively in the market.
9. New York Giants (NFL) $4.3bn
The Giants will celebrate 100 years as a franchise in four years’ time. They won the Super Bowl editions XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI and won the NFL Championships in 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956.
8. New England Patriots (NFL) $4.4bn
The Patriots have won six Super Bowl titles (2002, 2004, 2005, 2015, 2017, and 2019) and 11 American Football Conference (AFC) championships. They also have a rich history of famous players of the likes of Tom Brady representing them.
7. Los Angeles Lakers (NBA) $4.6bn
The Lakers have won the most number of NBA Championships along with the Boston Celtics, tied at 17. Their list of legendary players boasts Shaq O’ Neal and Kobe Bryant to name a few.
6. Golden State Warriors (NBA) $4.7bn
The Warriors have won six NBA Championships and conference titles, with one Basketball Association of America title in 1947. Kevin Durant and Stephen Curry are some of the notable names to have played for them.
5. Real Madrid (Football) $4.75bn
Los Blancos were the most valuable football club as recently as April. However, their rivals Barcelona managed to get ahead of them in the finding by Forbes. Madrid have 13 European crowns and 34 LaLiga titles in their history to account for, and it could be 35 in a few weeks.
4. Barcelona (Football) $4.76bn
Despite having over a billion euros worth of debt, Barcelona are the most valuable club in the world as reported by Forbes. The Blaugrana won the Copa del Rey this season, and have 5 Champions League titles in their history.
3. New York Knicks (NBA) $5bn
With 2 NBA Championships, 4 conference titles and 8 division titles, the Knicks are the most valuable NBA franchise. Their home games are played at the MSG, and given the marquee status of the city, it’s quite hard to believe that they haven’t achieved more.
2. New York Yankees (MLB) $5.25bn
The only MLB franchise to make an appearance in the list, and the second from New York, the Yankees are among the most successful sports franchises in the world. They have won a record 27 World Series titles and 40 American League titles.
1. Dallas Cowboys (NFL) $5.7bn
The Cowboys, valued at $5.7 billion, are the most valuable sports franchise in the world. They have won the Super Bowl 5 times, only one behind the New England Patriots and are the only team in the world to record twenty straight winning seasons.