Women’s Premier League WPL 2023 has taken the world by storm, breaking all previous viewership records for any global women’s sporting event. The inaugural season of TATA WPL on JioCinema has become a landmark event with over 10 million new viewers tuning in to the summit clash between eventual champions Mumbai Indians and Delhi Capitals. The match delivered the highest viewership on any women’s event globally, and with over 50 minutes of watch-time per user per match, the league surpassed initial expectations and projections.
Here are some key highlights of the WPL 2023 viewership record:
- The first season of TATA WPL on JioCinema delivers the highest viewership on any women’s event globally.
- The summit clash of the inaugural season saw over 10 million new viewers tuning in.
- JioCinema clocked over 50 minutes of watch-time per user per match on the TATA WPL.
- In addition to 4K streaming, viewers enjoyed multi-cam setup, hype mode, and an extensive panel of experts across multiple languages.
- JioCinema is now available to Jio, Airtel, Vi, BSNL, and all other subscribers.
- The TATA Indian Premier League will be live-streamed for free in 12 languages, including English, Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Bhojpuri, Punjabi, Oriya, Bengali, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, and Kannada.
The success of WPL 2023 has set a new benchmark for women’s sports globally. Viacom18 Sports CEO Anil Jayaraj said, “Our vision is to nurture the TATA WPL into the biggest women’s sporting league in the world, and this is a big leap in that direction. To see it already on its way to becoming the largest viewed sports event in the world in the first season is a remarkable feat and testament to the potential.”
With such a successful first season, fans can expect even greater things from WPL 2023 in the future. The TATA Indian Premier League commences on March 31st, with all matches live on JioCinema for no cost this season.
Read more : Here’s the Full List of all the Top Performing Record Holders in IPL history: All You Need to Know