30.1 C
Delhi

Ranking the Most Popular ISL Clubs Based on Television Ratings

GroupM ESP Report 2023 – Ranking the Most Popular ISL Clubs Based on Television Ratings: The Indian Super League (ISL) has come a long way since its inception in 2014, and now the league has become a major force in Indian sports. The GroupM ESP Report 2023 on sports sponsorship in India has recently been launched, and it highlights the unprecedented growth of sports sponsorship in India, with spending on-ground, team, and franchise rising by INR 3021 Cr, a whopping 105% growth from 2021, making the total sponsorship spends INR 5907 Cr.

Here’s the Most Popular ISL Clubs ranked based on their television ratings-

  1. Kerala Blasters – 57%
  2. ATK Mohun Bagan – 46%
  3. East Bengal – 43%
  4. FC Goa – 31%
  5. Bengaluru FC – 30%
  6. Mumbai City FC – 30%
  7. Odisha – 30%
  8. Northeast United – 29%
  9. Chennaiyin – 28%
  10. Hyderabad – 26%
  11. Jamshedpur – 23%

It is clear from the ratings that Kerala Blasters is the most popular ISL club among viewers, with a commanding 57% viewership. The club has a strong fan base and is known for its passionate supporters. ATK Mohun Bagan, the defending champions, comes in at second place with 46% viewership. East Bengal, one of the oldest and most popular football clubs in India, takes the third spot with 43% viewership.

FC Goa, Bengaluru FC, Mumbai City FC, and Odisha all share a comparable percentage of viewership, suggesting a highly competitive environment. Northeast United and Chennaiyin closely trail behind with 29% and 28% viewership respectively. Hyderabad and Jamshedpur round up the list with 26% and 23% viewership respectively.

The rise of the ISL and its clubs’ popularity can be attributed to the league’s growing competitiveness, quality of players, and increased exposure through media and sponsorship. According to the Sporting Nation Report, the sports sponsorship industry in India is witnessing explosive growth, with cricket contributing to 85% of the sponsorship spends, while emerging sports like football, kabaddi, and marathon have seen a massive upsurge in the sponsorship spending, contributing to the remaining 15%.

- Advertisement -TechnoSports-Ad

Ranking the Most Popular ISL Clubs Based on Television Ratings: GroupM ESP Report 2023

The rise of Indian cricket, the performance of Indian athletes, and the number of emerging sports leagues have all contributed to India becoming a sporting nation in the last ten years. With the increasing popularity and viewership of the ISL, the league is expected to attract more sponsorship and investment, which will lead to more growth and development in Indian football.

The GroupM ESP Report 2023 sheds light on the remarkable growth of sports sponsorship in India, with the ISL clubs ranking based on their television ratings indicating the league’s growing popularity among Indian viewers. The rise of Indian football and other emerging sports leagues presents a promising opportunity for brands and sponsors to connect with sports fans in India.

Read more: India Cricket Schedule 2023-24: Deodhar Trophy Returns, Irani Cup in October, Ranji Trophy Kicks Off in January 2024

- Advertisement -TechnoSports-Ad

FAQ

  1. Which are the most popular ISL clubs?

    Kerala Blasters, ATKMB

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

TechnoSports-Ad

Popular

TechnoSports-Ad

Related Stories

More from author

IPL 2024 Prize Money: How Much Do The IPL Winner Take Home?

IPL 2024 Prize Money: The Indian Premier League (IPL) isn't just about thrilling cricket; it's also about the eye-watering prize money that adds an...

IPL 2024 Anthems: Here’s the official team anthem of each IPL team

IPL 2024 Anthems: The Indian Premier League (IPL) 2024 is around the corner, promising another season of electrifying cricket action. As fans gear up...

IPL 2024 – Sunrisers Hyderabad Preview: Full Squad, Strength, Weakness, Schedule and more

IPL 2024 – Sunrisers Hyderabad Preview: As the excitement for IPL 2024 intensifies, all eyes are on Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH), a team with a...

IPL 2024 – Royal Challengers Bangalore Preview: Full Squad, Strength, Weakness, Schedule and more

IPL 2024 – Royal Challengers Bangalore Preview: Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) gears up for yet another shot at glory in the Indian Premier League...