24.1 C

Gautam Adani’s Adani Power will purchase DB Power for Rs 7,017 crores

Gautam Adani, the chairman of the billionaire industrial conglomerate Adani Group, would pay more than Rs 7,000 crore to acquire DB Power. After SB Energy India, this would be his second-largest M&A in the electricity sector (for which some Rs 26,000 crore was shelled out last year).

In Janjgir Champa, Chhattisgarh, DB’s 1,200 MW coal-fired power plant is being acquired by Adani.

Gautam Adani and DB

As per the power arm of the Adani Group, DB has power purchase agreements for 923. 5 MW of its capacity, which are supported by fuel supply arrangements with Coal India. Adani’s thermal power activities in Chhattisgarh will increase as a result of the agreement, which needs to be approved by the government’s antitrust office as well as other regulators and interested parties.

- Advertisement -TechnoSports Ad
Gautam Adani's Adani Power will purchase DB Power for Rs 7,017 crores
credits – businesstoday.in

For Rs 3,530 crore, Adani Power purchased the 1,370MW Chhattisgarh plant owned by GMR Group in 2019. It also purchased the 600MW unit from Avantha Group in Chhattisgarh in the same year.

With a combined operating capacity of more than 12,450 MW, the DB agreement will further bolster Adani’s position as India’s largest private sector thermal power producer and provide it a strong foothold in the nation’s major power generating and consumption belts.

DB Power Ltd

In fiscal 2022, DB, which was founded on October 12, 2006, had a profit of Rs. 580 crores on a revenue of Rs. 3,488 crores. Diligent Power, a division of the Dainik Bhaskar Group, owns the majority of it (approximately 84%); Global Infrastructure Partners, a private equity firm that focuses on infrastructure, owns the remaining (16%).

Gautam Adani's Adani Power will purchase DB Power for Rs 7,017 crores
credits – jnews.uk

The promoters of DB Power had previously discussed selling the Chhattisgarh unit with Resurgent Power, a fund supported by Tata Power, Canada’s CDPQ, and other well-known figures, but no agreement was reached. In a regulatory filing, Adani Power stated, that the agreement’s initial term (for DB) is up to October of this year, although it may be mutually extended.

Based on a Crisil study from June 2022 on DB Power, payback of debt and an improvement in the liquidity position are just two of the many variables that have contributed to the company’s business performance and financial risk profiles improving dramatically.

Read: Samsung to invest heavily in 4nm production to compete against rival TSMC

- Advertisement -Follow-Google-News


Crunchyroll rolls out UPI on the web for its Indian fans

Crunchyroll, the ultimate home for anime worldwide, has rolled...

Pocket FM Storms into Top 5 on LinkedIn Top Startup List 2023

Audio Series platform Pocket FM has bettered its ranking...

Lenovo India Named as the Most Trusted Tablet Brand in TRA’s Brand Trust Report 2023

Lenovo, the global technology powerhouse, has been recognized in...

ICC World Cup 2023 schedule PDF: Download the full schedule PDF from here

ICC World Cup 2023 schedule PDF Download - All...

Don't miss

The Sleep Company [CPS] IN



Top 10 youngest goalscorers in UEFA Champions League history

It's always interesting to observe how young athletes are doing and to predict who will become the next great name. UEFA Champions League has...

Top 10 youngest goalscorers in Premier League history

Scores are on the line; transfer funds are plentiful, and management job security is at an all-time low. All of these factors reduce the...

ISL: Top 5 highest-scoring Indians in the Indian Super League’s history

The Indian Super League has seen outstanding attackers score a record-breaking quantity of goals since its inception in 2014. Sunil Chhetri, the captain of...


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.