One of India’s most awaited shopping festivals is back and is all set to begin from September 23, until Sept 30, 2022, with early access for Plus customers and an option of pre-booking across categories.
Flipkart’s Big Billion Days 2022 – All You Need To Know
- Lakhs of sellers, Kirana delivery partners and MSMEs from across the country have been onboarded to provide access to customers with high-quality, differentiated selection across price points
- Flipkart Wholesale will bring forth unique offers for its Kirana members, while also strengthening its operations and value proposition
- Flipkart Health+ and Flipkart Hotels will also provide access to a wide range of services to customers during TBBD
- As many as 130 Big Billion Days specials have been announced and designed by 90+ brands across fashion, electronics, mobile phones, large appliances, personal care, and handicrafts categories
- Customers will enjoy a revamped shopping experience, with a newly designed app, enhanced with easy discoverability and technology-led features like enhanced UI Experience, Image Search, Live Commerce, Brand Mall mode and Virtual Try-Ons
- An ‘open box delivery’ on select high-value products such as mobiles and electronics
- New gamification initiatives such as Coupon Rain, Treasure Hunt and Spin the Bottle will allow customers to avail of attractive offers in an immersive format
- Customers will enjoy access to an affordable and seamless shopping experience through discounts, cashback and pay later options provided by leading banks in the country
- Eligible customers on the platform will be offered credit access to products by NBFCs
A More Robust and Sustainable Supply Chain
Flipkart continues to expand its supply chain capacity, both in first and last-mile delivery. This year, Flipkart has onboarded hundreds of last-mile delivery hubs across the country and its largest fulfilment centre in Haringhata, West Bengal which alone will process one million shipments a day.
Flipkart has also rolled out an option of open box deliveries for high-value items such as mobiles and electronics. As part of the Open Box Delivery process, the Flipkart Wishmaster (delivery partner) will open the product at the time of delivery, in front of the customer, who needs to accept the delivery only if their order is in an intact state. As a customer focussed initiative, this is to further strengthen the trust of customers. Open Box Delivery is currently applicable to certain brands across select PIN codes in India.
TBBD 2022 is also going to weave in sustainability efforts, with most of the shipments being processed in sustainable supply chain facilities and delivered through a fleet of thousands of electric vehicles (EVs) across the country.
Strengthening Kirana Delivery
Flipkart has strengthened its Kirana delivery by onboarding over two lakhs partners across the country who will deliver a range of products including apparel, home, sports and groceries. This will enable customers across the country, including metros, tier-2+cities and rural areas, access to a wide range of products on the platform.
Value for B2B – Flipkart Wholesale
This year once again TBBD will extend the festive cheer to its B2B members, by Flipkart Wholesale providing access to attractive offers spanning a host of products and great margins across a wide range of categories.
Provide Access to Affordability in Tier II and Beyond Markets
This year customers will get access to a more affordable shopping experience with increased accessibility to credit, by leading banks. While these banks are offering a 10% instant discount on Debit Cards, Credit Cards and EMI transactions, Paytm, the pioneer of digital payments, is offering 10% assured savings on Paytm UPI and Wallet. In addition, through Flipkart Pay Later, the financing partner will offer customers a credit of up to ₹1 lakh, which can be repaid the following month or in easy EMIs. Customers can also combine Flipkart Pay Later limit with any other prepaid third-party options and offers available at the time of checkout. Other offerings include a No cost EMI facility for Bajaj Finserv EMI card holders.
Through these partnerships, Flipkart aims to extend access to affordability options to eligible audiences across India and offer them access to 250 million+ product offerings on its platform.
Revamped shopping experience
This year during The Big Billion Days, shoppers will get to indulge in an improved and enhanced experience on the Flipkart app. The completely revamped experience is created to delight shoppers by focusing on visual design, ease of navigation, easy discoverability of deals and products, and an immersive and interactive experience with influencers and celebs.
This year will also see a slew of other new launches, games, interactive videos, live streams and rewards and coupon distribution via gamification throughout TBBD. This immersive experience includes image search to simplify and narrow down the product discovery journey for customers and to overcome vernacular and linguistic barriers, video cataloguing, to provide an interactive shopping experience, and a new premium product packaging pilot, among other things. The new season launch will also bring attractive fashion and lifestyle offerings to tier-2 regions across the country and beyond. Personalized AI initiatives are also being rolled out to boost engagement.
Shoppers looking for branded products and a more premium shopping experience can now also switch to the ‘Brand Mall’ mode. The Brand Mall mode has been introduced as an assisted shopping experience on the app with a premium user interface to enable customers to easy discovery and navigation premium, branded products across categories including fashion, lifestyle, mobiles and electronics.
This year, Flipkart has partnered with India’s favourite celebrities, including Amitabh Bachchan, Alia Bhatt, and MS Dhoni who will be seen in creative avatars as they celebrate Flipkart’s biggest Big Billion Days event. With SuperCoins revolutionizing the loyalty rewards landscape, customers can also continue to avail of myriad benefits on every purchase, for an even more fulfilling shopping experience.