Thanks to multiple streaming platforms such as Twitch and YouTube gaming, it has become increasingly easy to watch video gamers play, not just pre-recorded, but also live. Having an average of 1 billion monthly users, TikTok is now becoming the most popular video-sharing platform, for everything and anything, including gaming videos.
Top 10 most popular video games on TikTok
|Rank||Video Game||Views on TikTok|
|1||God of War||3,859,100,000|
|2||Red Dead Redemption 2||2,727,800,000|
|3||The Last of Us||1,504,300,000|
|4||Grand Theft Auto V||938,500,000|
|5||Red Dead Redemption||772,900,000|
|8||Gears of War||388,900,000|
With a staggering 3,859,100,000 views on TikTok, the most popular adult video game is God of War, with its first version released back in 2018. This iconic game left its mark on the gaming industry, managing to score an almost perfect score of 94/100 on Metacritic.
Following is the video game Red Dead Redemption 2 – a Western-themed action-adventure game. #reddeadrempetion2 and #reddeadredemptions2 managed to get 2,727,800,000 views, securing its second place on the most popular video gaming list. Although both Red Dead Redemption 2 and God of War were both released in 2018, God of War has managed to obtain over 1 billion more views than Red Dead Redemption 2 in second place.
In third place is The Last of Us with 1,504,300,000 views on TikTok. This 2013 action-adventure video game published by Sony Computer Entertainment involves playing from a third-person perspective where a smuggler is tasked with escorting a girl ‘Ellie’ across the post-apocalyptic US.
Grand Theft Auto V is the fourth most popular video game with 938.5 million views on TikTok. GTA V is popularly known for being the first AAA series to incorporate cheat codes into its game. TikTok has been a popular social media platform where gamers can share different cheat codes to unlock special powers in the game.
Rounding off in fifth place is Red Dead Redemption with 772.9 million views on TikTok. The video game series seems to be one of the most popular among TikTokers, as both its first and second versions landed in the top 5.
- Bestcasinosites.net extracted a list of the 100 most played video games for adults of all time from Metacritic’s official ranking list.
- Video games which appeared more than once, due to being released on different gaming platforms were omitted from the final seed list.
- Each video game was then inputted manually into TikTok, recording the number of views the hashtag had received.
- Where appropriate, variations of each hashtag were also considered, such as ‘#Godofwar’ and ‘#god_of_war’. These two hashtags were both used for the overall view count.
- The total number of views each games hashtags had accrued on TikTok was ranked in ascending order to determine TikTok’s most popular video games.
- The data was collected between 22nd June and 25th June 2022, and is subject to change.