With the summer transfer window well on the way, many teams have splashed on new players. Although clubs are spending a fortune on new players, they can potentially make millions from sponsored posts on Instagram.
Interested in this Livefootballtickets.com analysed data from Influencer Marketing Hub to discover the potential earnings of the biggest football clubs in Europe through sponsored posts on Instagram.
Football clubs potentially making the most on Instagram:
|Rank||Football club||Number of Instagramfollowers||Estimated earningsper sponsoredInstagram post (€)|
|12||Atletico de Madrid||14,300,000||€46,261|
The study revealed that record 14-time Champions League conquerors Real Madrid have the highest earning potential on Instagram. The Spanish giants, with 121 million followers, can bank an astonishing potential of €390,064 per sponsored Instagram Post.
In second position is Barcelona potentially benefiting from €352,923 for each sponsored post opportunity offered to them by a brand.
In third place is PSG earning potentially €196,365 from every sponsored Instagram post. Since signing Messi in August 2021, PSG has seen a massive increase in their Instagram followers, currently at 61.1 million.
In fourth place is Manchester United with an estimated €189,309 per sponsored Instagram post – the Premier League team to make the most from Instagram. Manchester United potentially make €62,232 more than Liverpool in sixth place making €127,077 per post.
- Livefootballtickets.com identified the biggest football clubs in terms of achievements/trophies and global fanbase from Spain, England, Italy, France, Scotland, Netherlands and Portugal.
- Those seven European countries were selected for the research because they are widely considered the European countries with the best top-flight football leagues.
- Once the clubs were chosen from the respective seven European countries, Livefootballtickets.com utilised Instagram to find the verified Instagram profile for each of the selected football clubs.
- With all the official and verified Instagram handles for each club identified, Livefootballtickets.com analysed data from Influencer Marketing Hub to estimate how much each football club could make per sponsored Instagram post.
- Estimated earning figures for sponsored Instagram post opportunities for each football club were primarily calculated using a combination of these variables: number of followers, engagement rate and like to comment ratio.
- All data is correct at the time of analysis, all earnings figures from sponsored Instagram post opportunities within the research are estimates of the average potential earnings (derived from the minimum and maximum potential earnings values/figures for each respective club).
- Xe.com was used to convert Dollars to Euros.
All data was obtained by Livefootballtickets.com on 5th July 2022, and is accurate as of then.