A few days back pTron announced the pTron Tangent Urban Bluetooth Neckband which is now available via Amazon and now we are at the launch of pTron Bassbuds Wave, which is at 12PM today. Recently, we got our hands on the pTron Bassbuds Wave TWS earphones just ahead of the launch and it took us some time to examine them in various indoor and outdoor situations to deliver a detailed review on these items.
In this article, we will be talking about the pTron Bassbuds Wave TWS earbuds. These earbuds are one of the lightest earbuds available on the market. These earbuds are being sold on Amazon for only ₹1,299 and as a launch offer, you can get them for as low as ₹999.
Specifications and Features of pTron Bassbuds Wave:
- Ultra-portable & compact, Bassbuds Wave is the smallest earbuds we ever created without sacriﬁcing sound and tech.
- The Bassbuds Wave is fully optimized to oﬀer powerful, clear sound with noise isolation to oﬀer a great listening experience, thanks to its Dual mic noise canceling DSP ENC technology & advanced BT5.3 chipset.
- Made for the sauve & debonair, Bassbuds Wave is here to impress with its premium features.
- 7.8g Lightweight earbuds in a sound Insulating, Noise-canceling semi in-ear design for audio without leakage
- Environmental Noise Cancellation
- 50ms Low Latency with Movie Mode 8mm Dynamic Drivers
- 40Hrs total playtime with Type C Fast-charge
- Earbuds 40 mAh*2, Charging case 300mAh*1
- Bluetooth v5.3 with 10m range
- IPX4 Waterproof, Smart Voice Assistant Support, Dual Mic Noise
Design and Built
pTron Bassbuds Wave is a small and compact earbud that is designed uniquely in a plastic body with a touch-sensitive area at the outer side of the earbuds. These earbuds have the branding right above the touch panel on both earbuds. The new logo of pTron stands out as an attractive branding on the earbuds and on its case. There is an indicator that glows red and blue to indicate charging, control, and connectivity status.
Now moving towards the case, we are looking into a usually smaller size earbud case which is the most important thing right now. This case has a plastic build and has branding at the top of it. Apart from this, the case has a Type-C USB port at the back and above it, we can see an indicator that glows while charging both the earbuds and the case itself.
If you see or take both the case and TWS earbuds in hand you can feel how compact it is and apart from these the TWS surely feels nearly premium, but not totally. The built quality is very sturdy and does not break when falls from waist height, in case, the lid opens and the earbuds come out.
How to Pair?
Steps to pair the pTron Bassbuds Wave with any iOS and Android devices.
- Open the lid of the case and take out the earbuds.
- Then turn on the Bluetooth of your smartphone/ iPad/ laptop.
- Search for any wireless device.
- Then the newly found device section you can see the name pTron Bassbuds Wave.
- Click on the name and then it will ask to pair with the TWS earbuds.
- Accept the prompt and pair the earbuds with the device.
The audio quality of the pTron Bassbuds Wave is amazing, especially the highs (audio) are up to the mark. When the volume is 100% the sound has a soothing effect but might not be needed every time. The 8mm Dynamic Speakers with High Bass exquisite sound details with proper Bass. The bass is very prominent and overall the quality is up to the mark for this price range. There seems to have no issue while playing games with these headphones as it also supports 50ms low latency.
The headphone can be accessible within a range of 10m and the connection breaks down a little bit if you travel in the whole house, keeping the phone in a room.
Comfort and Usage
As mentioned earlier these earbuds are very lightweight and after fitting in the ears it will feel like nothing is in the ears. It has an absolute physical noise cancellation design that will not allow any surrounding sound while plugged into the ears to enter the ears. It fits comfortably in the ears and feels great, moreover, it does not falls from the ears once fitted properly.
All conditions-proof IPX4 sweat and water-resistant earbuds can be worn while workout, while the silicon tip is adjustable with two other spare ear tips of different sizes. Along with this, the touch controls make it more user-friendly and accessible with any one hand.
The pTron Bassbuds Wave provides a total of 40Hrs Playback with Earbuds. It takes around 1.5 hours to fully charge the case with a Type-C charger.
I would like to focus on the microphone of this earbud which is quite impressive but one thing I noticed after a thorough outdoor usage is that it faces a distortion of voice when both the earbuds are connected with the device but you are wearing one and the other one is placed somewhere else other than putting in its case. To be exact the voice that passes through that single headphone creates distortion at the other end of the call.
Pros and Cons
|Amazing design||Built quality|
|Type-C charging||Voice receiver|
|Great battery life|
In The Box:
- Earbuds and Charging case
- 2 Extra Pair of Silicone Eartips
- USB Type-C Charging cable
- Warranty card
After using it for a few days, I am totally impressed with both the audio quality and its lightweight build. The whole case of the TWS is very small and can be easily carried anywhere, needless to mention the earbuds are lightweight as well. There is no fear of falling from the ears but would recommend you all to handle it properly as it has a high tendency of falling while handling it as it is so lightweight. With all the low latency offering, ENC and long battery life of 40 hours this is one of the best earbuds in this price range.
Considering the price of Rs.1,299 you can definitely go for this pTron Bassbuds Wave TWS earbuds. I am strongly recommending this gadget as it is one of the best within this price range and might also be the only one.
Buy from Amazon: Click Here